GDT: Let's Do It Again|Jackets@Lightning|Round 1 Game 2|4-12|7:00 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Sorry if I missed this earlier. Clendenning was sent back to Cleveland. I can’t imagine team is traveling for a playoff game with just six healthy defenseman.

Does this mean McQuaid is available if necessary? If so we should find a way to get him back in the lineup...no?

Nothing against Peeke but does anyone really want to see him make his NHL debut in the playoffs against perhaps the fastest and most offensively gifted teams the NHL has ever seen?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Sorry if I missed this earlier. Clendenning was sent back to Cleveland. I can’t imagine team is traveling for a playoff game with just six healthy defenseman.

Does this mean McQuaid is available if necessary? If so we should find a way to get him back in the lineup...no?

Nothing against Peeke but does anyone really want to see him make his NHL debut in the playoffs against perhaps the fastest and most offensively gifted teams the NHL has ever seen?

Is Peeke with the team in Tampa? Regardless I wouldn't insert him at this point. I know Krieder debuted in the playoffs but he was a F vs a D.

Maybe Murray has been reincarnated?

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Having a mini watch party with some potential CBJ converts. Doing my part, gotta deliver a good game tonight CBJ!

Reactions: Toe Pick

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Is Peeke with the team in Tampa? Regardless I wouldn't insert him at this point. I know Krieder debuted in the playoffs but he was a F vs a D.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011

Hadn't thought about who traveled with team. I'd already written Murray of for the post-season since I have heard not a peep about him. Assumed McQuaid was the more likely return to the lineup.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011

That tweet was on the 9th and Clendenning was called up..but then sent back down on the 10th. Monsters played last night and have another game tonight I think. No word of his recall yet today.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
That tweet was on the 9th and Clendenning was called up..but then sent back down on the 10th. Monsters played last night and have another game tonight I think. No word of his recall yet today.

I’m sure he’ll be called up again today

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
Why would you not bring the uninjured guys like Sedlak, Robinson, et al. just to get the experience of the Stanley Cup Playoffs? I assume it's purely a logistical/travel issue and that they will be at the home games at least.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Why would you not bring the uninjured guys like Sedlak, Robinson, et al. just to get the experience of the Stanley Cup Playoffs? I assume it's purely a logistical/travel issue and that they will be at the home games at least.
You would think just as an emergency (you have a few guys go down with illness, food poising, etc) that you would bring as many able bodies as necessary.

I hope Tampa clenches up, but I fear they will come out big time for this one. Be happy with a split, but would love for Bob to plays lights out and steal this one!

Reactions: Madifer

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
It was reply about who is on the trip. Not Clendenning.

Reactions: Doggy

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Looking at the "did not travel" list. Robby, Elvis and Peeke are all prospects while Sedsy is a multi-year NHLer. He will be an RFA after this season. I know this is off-topic but anyone else think the CBJ do not offer him a new contract this off season?

I'd rather see Robby or Stenlund play his 15-20 games a year.

Last edited:
Reactions: CharlotteJacket

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Would be very surprised if CBJ win tonight......apparently the boys in Vegas agree. Still, if they can stay out of the box, and Bob plays well, I can see this coming down to the last few minutes again.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Would be very surprised if CBJ win tonight......apparently the boys in Vegas agree. Still, if they can stay out of the box, and Bob plays well, I can see this coming down to the last few minutes again.
Actually I think it comes down to the first ten minutes. You know the Bolts are going to come out firing on 16 cylinders.

If unlike last game when we gave up three first period goals
If the CBJ can weather the initial Lightning storm

I think they are in a good position to compete in this game. I am not suggesting the CBJ can relax after the initial surge but I think that is the most precarious part of this game.

Reactions: McFlurry Minute

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio

Of course, were you not surprised the CBJ won Wednesday and didn’t Vegas heavily favor Bolts then. :D

TB will come out fired up. Survive first period and hopefully keep a tight game for a chance to win late or in OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad