Post-Game Talk: Lets build Glass a statue, Glass - 3, Glass' impenetrable nature - 1

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If Bylsma wouldn't throw Kesler in as a net front presence, this team would legitimately never win a Stanley Cup with him as coach again. It remains to be seen how little he values having traffic in front of the net.

What makes you think it will win a cup with him as coach again even in the unlikely event that he does?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I know, IDK what to say. They're in a ****** situation, the whole thing is unfortunate.

And yet as I said in the GDT in good part of their own making. All of this bull**** doesn't happen unless Sid wants it (Geno, I think, is with Sid on everything . . . but, Geno too if you prefer). Country club. **** on his wings. Pushing veteran leaders who don't practice what they preach. A moron for coach. None of it continues if Sid says ENOUGH.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
- Faceoffs: What is Dan Bylsma doing?

Sutter - 9/18 (50%) | Season Average 48.0%
Adams - 2/5 (40%) | Season Average 38.0%
Jokinen - 1/3 (33.3%) | Season Average 49.4%
Vitale - 1/1 (100%) |Season Average 62.6%
Malkin - 7/16 (44%) | Season Average 49.5%
Sid - 12/22 (55%) | Season Average 52.2%

Vitale is so great on faceoffs, not only for this season but his entire career, that it doesn't make much sense for him not to be utilized more on the PK. It's a million times easier to make a clear when you win the faceoff rather hoping you can collect a rebound or blocked shot and then get the clear.

It's just drives me crazy. Vitale is around 55-60+ FO% every year but doesn't get much PK time. This could be a huge advantage in the playoffs, especially against a guy like Bergeron who will probably eat Sutter's lunch on the dot.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
And yet as I said in the GDT in good part of their own making. All of this bull**** doesn't happen unless Sid wants it (Geno, I think, is with Sid on everything . . . but, Geno too if you prefer). Country club. **** on his wings. Pushing veteran leaders who don't practice what they preach. A moron for coach. None of it continues if Sid says ENOUGH.

Yes, I noticed you're in a mood. You blamed Crosby and then probably realized you also had to blame Malkin and passively did. It hurt your soul a little bit or whatever.

I find it to be an over simplification and a need to blame someone, all while having no information on what's happened. It suits your narrative right now.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Congrats to Nisky for reaching career high in points. Guy is going to cash in BIG in the summer, wont be with us though. Oilers will offer 6M per for 5 years or something crazy.

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008
Congrats to Nisky for reaching career high in points. Guy is going to cash in BIG in the summer, wont be with us though. Oilers will offer 6M per for 5 years or something crazy.

You have to imagine that it's difficult for Edmonton to attract at least some players in the offseason. If I had a choice of the 30 NHL cities available, Edmonton would be toward the very bottom.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yes, I noticed you're in a mood. You blamed Crosby and then probably realized you also had to blame Malkin and passively did. It hurt your soul a little bit or whatever.

I find it to be an over simplification and a need to blame someone, all while having no information on what's happened. It suits your narrative right now.

Nah, I'm pissed that Malkin missed his chance. Figure it's because he's a higher up in the get along gang and pretty much blows whichever way Sid blows.

I'm not blaming Sid or Geno per se. I'm only saying they're the only two people who can save this franchise from itself by speaking up. Geno had his chance last summer. That he didn't told me where he stands. Same with Sid's silence.

They're the only two who could bring the country club to an end. They haven't. Ergo, they like it.

Is there anything wrong in that statement?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
You have to imagine that it's difficult for Edmonton to attract at least some players in the offseason. If I had a choice of the 30 NHL cities available, Edmonton would be toward the very bottom.

Not me, i'll say SHOW ME THE MONEY! it's not like you have to be there all the time in the cold. Off season you can go travel, then the road games you are away. It's just the home games, but then you're on a warm bus.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Nah, I'm pissed that Malkin missed his chance. Figure it's because he's a higher up in the get along gang and pretty much blows whichever way Sid blows.

I'm not blaming Sid or Geno per se. I'm only saying they're the only two people who can save this franchise from itself by speaking up. Geno had his chance last summer. That he didn't told me where he stands. Same with Sid's silence.

They're the only two who could bring the country club to an end. They haven't. Ergo, they like it.

There's something inherently wrong with a fan acting like they know what goes on behind the scenes, yes.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Firstly, I don't want this to become a thread hijacking argument because I hate those and I'm diseased right now. So.

I find the argument flawed. One it ignores Letang, he could have said something as well and whichever other players are highly valued. ****ing Brooks probably manages to carry a lot of weight there for some God forsaken reason. You're now saying that they're the only things that can change it, that's categorically untrue, there's ownership and management; ultimately they have awareness and interests. The bigger implication of the entire organization is ignored and it puts the final blame on them. It assumes that nothing has been said, it assumes a lack of attempts to correct things, there's heavy reliance on the media giving information. It ignores that sometimes people are too close to a situation to really see what's going on. The assumption that not complaining, assuming we would even know, equates to liking a situation. The opposite of this is having petulant stars who are hell to deal with, there would be so much whining about that.

So, yes, flawed. I think I get what you're saying, I just think it's not a good argument.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's going to suck seeing Niskanen walk. He looks like the guy who got off to a great start in his rookie season in Dallas.

And honestly, as was already mentioned, he's actually really good for this team's PP. He's got decent enough skills to be able to make some passes on the back end, plus he's got the ability to get a hard shot on net.

I wouldn't be against re-signing Nisky and moving Letang to free up cap space for the rest of the lineup.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Really want to see Niskanen signed to a new contract and Orpik let go, but the exact opposite of that will happen.

The Doof Warrior

Jan 12, 2009
I don't even blame Crosby for setting Glass up on that one either. The guy put his body on the line all night, and deserved every opportunity to be rewarded with a goal.

You could tell Sid was finding every way to force that puck to Glass. I don't blame him either. Glass' sacrificial play could very well have led to us winning that game from keeping Nashville's powerplay off the board at the time. I see no problem there.

High Flying Birds

Aug 29, 2009
Victoria, B.C
Really want to see Niskanen signed to a new contract and Orpik let go, but the exact opposite of that will happen.

Nisky might be pricing himself out of the Burgh with the season he's having. On pace for 50 points, 27 years old and the cap rising significantly. Any team that has lots of cap room next season and is in need of a PMD will be offering him at least 5mil per. Quite possibly more.

NatureBoy

Mar 28, 2013
Austria
Nisky might be pricing himself out of the Burgh with the season he's having. On pace for 50 points, 27 years old and the cap rising significantly. Any team that has lots of cap room next season and is in need of a PMD will be offering him at least 5mil per. Quite possibly more.

Exactly, thats what I am saying all year long now. He will get crazy money because of his numbers and that will not be in Pittsburgh.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
The one thing that is keeping Nisky's contract under 6 million is the fact that he's still not seen as a number 1 even though he's been our best D this year. He isn't played as our top PP D (even though he is), and he's not our first choice on the PK. He's probably seen as a top 4-ish D that's had a contract year.

I think he'll get 5-5.5 for 6 years somewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad