Value of: Letang to Habs

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
"I don't want to look at the stats that show Letang is better than Jones".
didnt even mention Letang, just a Jones heat chart. Jones is obviously one of the best dmen in the league, and his shiny new contract backs that up. i wouldnt give Letang that money.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
didnt even mention Letang, just a Jones heat chart. Jones is obviously one of the best dmen in the league, and his shiny new contract backs that up. i wouldnt give Letang that money.

How about these then:

Jones' projected WAR is so low because he had a ghastly bad season last year, but even if you take out that year, Letang is still comfortably better.

Reactions: TooManyHumans

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
What will be the cost to get Letang? No salary retain.

with Weber on LTIR, Habs can take the full salary. Pens free up significant cap space in the process.
Pens can’t trade Letang. If they do it’s a full rebuild and we may as well trade crosby too

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Only way Pens trade Letang is with a Dougie Hamilton contract lined up, and given their cap situation I don’t see the point of that so..

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
How about these then:

Jones' projected WAR is so low because he had a ghastly bad season last year, but even if you take out that year, Letang is still comfortably better.

...So according to that Jones is a replacement level player :skeptic:

I know what Letang is, he is a good #1D in his own regard, but I dont think I can name 5 dmen I would take over Jones

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
...So according to that Jones is a replacement level player :skeptic:

I know what Letang is, he is a good #1D in his own regard, but I dont think I can name 5 dmen I would take over Jones

defensemen I would take over Jones with his new deal:
Hedman, Makar, Fox, Heiskanen, Letang, Ekblad, Doughty, Hughes, Pietrangelo, Theodore, Hamilton, Klingberg, Carlson, Josi, Petry, Spurgeon.. the list may continue.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
defensemen I would take over Jones with his new deal:
Hedman, Makar, Fox, Heiskanen, Letang, Ekblad, Doughty, Hughes, Pietrangelo, Theodore, Hamilton, Klingberg, Carlson, Josi, Petry, Spurgeon.. the list may continue.
tenor.gif

...must not be a fan of the contract?

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
This website hasn’t managed to have an accurate take on him in his entire career so this thread is no surprise.

This website hasn’t managed to have an accurate take on any Penguins player during the Crosby era so what gets said on the main boards comes as no surprise.

Reactions: Gurglesons

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
This website hasn’t managed to have an accurate take on any Penguins player during the Crosby era so what gets said on the main boards comes as no surprise.

The best is any Pens winger. They suck and are just a product of Crosby on the trade board but they’re great when it comes time to crap on Crosby’s legacy on the NHL talk board.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
He's 34, often injured, a NMC and a year left.

Not exactly the best trade candidate. I don't see anyone spending quality assets right now.

Maybe if he's healthy at the deadline and Pittsburgh sucks? Probably a late 1st would do it as a rental.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He's 34, often injured, a NMC and a year left.

Not exactly the best trade candidate. I don't see anyone spending quality assets right now.

Maybe if he's healthy at the deadline and Pittsburgh sucks? Probably a late 1st would do it as a rental.

Ristolainen just went for pick #13, a 2nd and an okay bottom pair D, yet Letang would only go for a late 1st as a rental? What?

UED

May 2, 2021
This makes absolutely no sense, the Habs are tanking and do not want Letang at all who would hurt our lottery odds, and Pens are in the last 1-3 years of their contending window and need all the help they can get, age irrelevant.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Everyone here is forgetting one thing or never knew ...Letang and burkle are extremely good friends outside of hockey . In fact burkle has said letang is his best friend inside the hockey world . He isnt going anywhere, right or wrong until pens management changes. Sadly this is what it is and will handcuff the pens for the next few seasons. GM Rutherford wanted to trade letang and had a deal on the table nut was squashed, hence his departure. Now to the point, he would be a good addition to the habs and in a different world the return wouldn't have to be extraordinary. A bottom 6 forward, a top 4 D and a pick would likely grt it done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad