Value of: Letang to Habs

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Letang telling ownership he doesn’t want to take a pay cut and retire with Malkin Crosby in 3 seasons

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
How does a 34 year old 1 year from UFA carry similar value to a 26 year old sign/trade who is a superior player?

If so, i gotta call Kyle and tell him to trade Rielly

Lol at Jones being a superior player to Letang.

When I say "same ballpark", I don't mean the same exact value. I mean a really valuable package that is in the same area. I can also include the Ristolainen trade as an example of what it would cost for Letang.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Ya, except one entering his prime the other exiting his prime. Cmon.

Yes and Letang is better than Jones today.

How about I say the Ristolainen trade as an example then? The point is that it would cost an arm and a leg for Letang because top pair RD are insanely valuable.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Hell no to always hurt Letang. The guy has never played a full season why waste assets if everyone has the habs not even making the playoffs?

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
How does a 34 year old 1 year from UFA carry similar value to a 26 year old sign/trade who is a superior player?

If so, i gotta call Kyle and tell him to trade Rielly
The point is that the penguins are so unmotivated to move him, it'd take a stupid overpayment like that to consider it

Reactions: Ignatius

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
You wanting Letang isnt speculation

To be fair, there are two definitions for speculation. One is as a synonym to rumour. The other relates to finance and stocks. Given there is the thread option here for rumour, one could assume "speculation", or to speculate; speculating, is being derived from that interpretation. So, they're speculating on the cost to acquire. I would agree that it's not the everyday use of the word, and doesn't quite feel 'right', but it's not wrong.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Lol at Jones being a superior player to Letang.

When I say "same ballpark", I don't mean the same exact value. I mean a really valuable package that is in the same area. I can also include the Ristolainen trade as an example of what it would cost for Letang.
6_MJ_Laughing.jpg

Risto trade is a good comp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad