Value of: Letang... Come make offers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagles.

Franchise QB is the most important position in sports. This also hasn't been proven as the right decision as he's injury prone and they haven't won anything with him. Carson Wentz gets hammered in the media for it as well as nobody says a thing about Letang. Pittsburgh media bashes Ben, AB, Bell, etc. Could you imagine if they ever won a Super Bowl without them? But nobody dares to criticize Letang.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
The Blues offer Jay Bouwmeester, MacKenzie MacEachern, and Jacob De La Rose for Letang @ 50% retained and Pittsburgh's next 1st round pick. Before you you react, just know that I don't value that 1st round pick much but won't say why.

I'd have to decline that one.

i am not a letang fan and get so sick of his mistakes and turnovers, but crap that is awful for the pens come on.

That would be a steal for us. Getting younger.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
We just traded are #1 for a #3.
Then we got a young guy figuring out the game soon to be top 6 maybe next year. How is this good

Barrie is a 50 point d-men and 5 years younger. Engvall is a nice prospect. Big body LW and looking solid in his first year in NHL. Kapanen, I never wanted to lose him. 40 point RW.

This would be a steal. Lets see what we end up getting for Letang if we ever do and I bet we wish we had those 3 players for his absence.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I think we're past the point where bringing logic to the discussion makes any sense.

I saw your post in the other thread and the major point you are missing is.. It's not like we are cutting Letang. It's a trade. We are getting comparable players in return. So if in 2017 we had another solid LW and #1-2 d or two #1-2 d's in return for him. How ugly would 2017 really been? Would it not be repeatable then?

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
So you can win a Championship without somebody but you need him? Can we point to another instance of this in any sport?
Absolutely correct. They managed to win a cup without Letang. They also needed him to win another..he chews up huges mins can play powerplay a d every single situation. He knows how to play against ovie. He knows how to play with sid and geno which is a huge plus. His value to this team is HUGE but smart the same time it's not as high as you think outside of Pittsburgh. Yes I get sick of his turn overs too ut getting a replacement would be an enormous cost. Shultz filled in ut he is gone after this year

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
We won that Championship because of Fleury and Murray. Caps skaters were better than Pens skaters. Fleury outplayed Holtby. Barely got by an Ott squad we would have crushed with Letang. Needed Murray to play great. Can’t count on that happening again.

Letang does make some boneheaded plays especially when playing with JMFJ. But, Letang-Dumoulin is a top 5 pairing, Letang is not available and OP is an example of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Absolutely correct. They managed to win a cup without Letang. They also needed him to win another..he chews up huges mins can play powerplay a d every single situation. He knows how to play against ovie. He knows how to play with sid and geno which is a huge plus. His value to this team is HUGE but smart the same time it's not as high as you think outside of Pittsburgh. Yes I get sick of his turn overs too ut getting a replacement would be an enormous cost. Shultz filled in ut he is gone after this year

Letang is a product of playing his whole career with Crosby and Malkin. Out of all top d-men he has the most secondary assist with less game. ASG was another perfect example. 3 on 3 and had 0 points and they gave up like 8 goals.

We've had some of the most high powered offenses over the years; Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Kessel, Guentzel. We don't need offensive d. We just need d-men who are defensively sound and can move the puck. I don't need my offense to score goals. I just need them to not give up goals which he can't do in the playoffs.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Letang is a product of playing his whole career with Crosby and Malkin. Out of all top d-men he has the most secondary assist with less game. ASG was another perfect example. 3 on 3 and had 0 points and they gave up like 8 goals.

We've had some of the most high powered offenses over the years; Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Kessel, Guentzel. We don't need offensive d. We just need d-men who are defensively sound and can move the puck. I don't need my offense to score goals. I just need them to not give up goals which he can't do in the playoffs.

a face palm to using a 3 on 3 as a perfect example when evaluating a D-man's effect on the game. All that should matter is how he does at 5 on 5 as that is all that matters come playoff time.

Reactions: Riptide

rintinw

Oct 9, 2014
Barrie is a 50 point d-men and 5 years younger. Engvall is a nice prospect. Big body LW and looking solid in his first year in NHL. Kapanen, I never wanted to lose him. 40 point RW.

This would be a steal. Lets see what we end up getting for Letang if we ever do and I bet we wish we had those 3 players for his absence.

So you want Letang traded because he makes stupid mistakes and are ok to replace him with Barrie. Have you seen some Toronto games lately?

Reactions: Riptide

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
So you want Letang traded because he makes stupid mistakes and are ok to replace him with Barrie. Have you seen some Toronto games lately?

I'm fine with moving him because he's injury prone and not good come playoff time when the ice shrinks. Most offensive d-men aren't. He's good for regular season and eats up minutes. Getting a solid dman and wing for him is a better playoff team.

Look at the Sharks.. 2 Norris winners who are arguably better than Letang and one of the worst teams in the league. This trend of adhd riddled defensemen who picked the wrong position as a kid needs to end. I'll let Crosby, Malkin, and Guentzel worry about scoring the goals. Just play your f***ing position and stop giving up goals.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
I'm fine with moving him because he's injury prone and not good come playoff time when the ice shrinks. Most offensive d-men aren't. He's good for regular season and eats up minutes. Getting a solid dman and wing for him is a better playoff team.

Look at the Sharks.. 2 Norris winners who are arguably better than Letang and one of the worst teams in the league. This trend of adhd riddled defensemen who picked the wrong position as a kid needs to end. I'll let Crosby, Malkin, and Guentzel worry about scoring the goals. Just play your ****ing position and stop giving up goals.
The payment to move letang would be massive and just not going to happen. Nobody is ready to jump in and take tjdoe hard mins. Shultz is probably leaving when the season is done. Not saying we couldnt be bought but the price tag would be so high so teams would walk away.

Letang and Bjugstad

For

Brodie (signed) Bennett 2nd 3rd round pick and prospect.

Letang

For

Nurse 2nd and 3rd pick

Letang

For

Muzzin kapanen 3rd round pick

Just having fun now!

rintinw

Oct 9, 2014

Look at the Sharks.. 2 Norris winners who are arguably better than Letang and one of the worst teams in the league. This trend of adhd riddled defensemen who picked the wrong position as a kid needs to end. I'll let Crosby, Malkin, and Guentzel worry about scoring the goals. Just play your ****ing position and stop giving up goals.

And again I ask you why Tyson Barrie?

Would he be better at stopping goals?
Is he not offensive defenseman?
One who actually does not look good while having top pairing responsibilities?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
What is this thread...Am I drunk and passed out and this is all a dream?

I once dreamed we traded Morozov for LeCavalier back when he was really good.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
The Blues offer Jay Bouwmeester, MacKenzie MacEachern, and Jacob De La Rose for Letang @ 50% retained and Pittsburgh's next 1st round pick. Before you you react, just know that I don't value that 1st round pick much but won't say why.
Pens might have to add Kahun and McCann to the mix...maybe more? I dunno.

Reactions: BrokenFace
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad