Value of: Letang... Come make offers

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
You are probably right. I'm just gauging his value with opposing fans and it's not looking good. One Leaf fan has showed up and that's it.
Most likly because they understand it would take a massive overpayment to get a playoff teams top d man..

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
NMC?

I love letang and think his underrated league wide, but how are your dealing your #1RHD and expecting a #1RHD plus elite winger? Seems like a huge ask that I cannot think of a single team willing to pay. Maybe Ehlers + Pionk but even then that seems too much from Jets given age, contracts etc.

Oh and NMC.

I like this.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
You are probably right. I'm just gauging his value with opposing fans and it's not looking good. One Leaf fan has showed up and that's it.
Its probably because the Pens are a playoff contender and the idea of them trading their #1D away is just so out there that most people do not even want to waste the time discussing such a vastly unlikely situation.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
A dman playing big minutes (4th in TOI/GP at the position) on a competitive team.

Why would the Pens move him?

That's a discussion for our board but I'm not allowed to talk about it. I'm not going to devalue him on the main boards.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
LOL. What a joke. Just come out with your opinion on why you dislike him so much and move on.

I have and you know my stance and it has merit. That's why you all attack me like dogs anytime I bring it up. But everybody else is allowed to go on with their tired stances.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I'm sure Ekblad and Burns never make bad plays... If that's what this is about, then I'm not giving the OP any more of my time.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I have and you know my stance and it has merit. That's why you all attack me like dogs anytime I bring it up. But everybody else is allowed to go on with their tired stances.

Clearly your idea of "has merit" and other's are pretty different, otherwise you wouldn't be "attacked" for voicing an opinion.

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
I'm sure Ekblad and Burns never make bad plays... If that's what this is about, then I'm not giving the OP any more of my time.
It's probably Ruhwedel, and he just can't stand looking at Letangs flow in the locker room any more.

Reactions: BHD

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Something around Jeff Petry?

He's a solid no. 2 D man. Can play top pair mins. All situations. Great skater.
This year and next $5.5AAV

Letang has the extra year at $7.25AAV

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Something around Jeff Petry?

He's a solid no. 2 D man. Can play top pair mins. All situations. Great skater.
This year and next $5.5AAV

Letang has the extra year at $7.25AAV

Yeah, Petry is a downgrade and same age. Would need a solid wing.

OP wants that plus elite winger though

Not just for Letang. Have a back-up goalie and Gally or Bjugs available as well.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Letang will probably retire a penguin. Can they win without him ? Yes. Do they need him ? Yes. He has incredible value to this team but to others not so much.. he would fetch a 1rst for sure but there is no real reason to trade him . I can think of a few teams that would love to have him.. Edmonton, Vegas, buffalo, Winnipeg and Montreal come to mind

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Would be incredibly dumb to move him now. And I don’t think it’s even crossed JR’s mind for a second this season.

If we have another sub-par playoff performance I could see JR making calls in the off-season. That’s a maybe though.

I would put money on Crosby, Malkin, and Letang all retiring as Penguins. They’ve earned the right to stay if they want.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
A few pens fans think we need to change a guy who just played 30 minutes on ice for us last game because a couple of turnovers.

I think even non Pittsburgh fans know how important he is to us and that they payment for him would be ridiculously huge to the point he only gets traded if he asks.

There is no point in trading are #1 D while we are contenders for the next few years especially on such a good contract.

If we trade Letang let's trade Crosby and Malkin as well

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
The Blues offer Jay Bouwmeester, MacKenzie MacEachern, and Jacob De La Rose for Letang @ 50% retained and Pittsburgh's next 1st round pick. Before you you react, just know that I don't value that 1st round pick much but won't say why.

Reactions: Riptide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad