Not open for further replies.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
giphy.gif

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
For as long as Letang is a first pairing caliber defenseman I just can't imagine the Penguins moving him. His value as a #1 D on a team whose window probably should be shut by now dwarfs his actual trade value.

If I'm another team I don't know how much I'm jumping at the bit to trade for a 32 year-old with a long history of health & injury concerns signed through 2022, either.

There's just no good reason for either side to want to move on right now, especially not with Schultz's contract expiring.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Look, I'm not going to explain why and devalue him. Do you want him or no? What would you give up for him?
Me? A Leafs fan? No way we could fit his cap...so no, i don't want him. And no way should the Pens be trading him right now either.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
I’ll take a 1st + NHL-ready prospect for him in the summer.
we don't have to start our rebuild for a few years jsyk

Teams with a limited Cup window don't trade their elite #1 defencemen. And shouldn't!

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
We're not trading Letang, not happening! When was the last time a team playing for a cup traded their number one mid season? Now I know you've used the argument that we won without him before, but are you seriously hoping for a perfect storm like that again?

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Did the Pens drop 6 positions overnight?
Wouldn't matter even if they did... they still wouldn't trade Letang.
No. Trying to build a Championship roster.

Clearly you're not... or you wouldn't be trading Letang for a winger.

Look, I'm not going to explain why and devalue him. Do you want him or no? What would you give up for him?

As if anything you could say would "devalue" him. The mere fact that you're even offering him up says all that someone needs to know about how you feel about him.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Me? A Leafs fan? No way we could fit his cap...so no, i don't want him. And no way should the Pens be trading him right now either.

Look at previous threads you need a back up tendy. Do like Letang(retain some salary) DeSmith and Gally for Barrie and Engvall.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Look at previous threads you need a back up tendy. Do like Letang(retain some salary) DeSmith and Gally for Barrie and Engvall.
Lol....so cap out for Toronto...3.675. Cap in for Toronto...8.99. cap space available for Toronto right now...0.

Yup, this is perfect....

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Lol....so cap out for Toronto...3.675. Cap in for Toronto...8.99. cap space available for Toronto right now...0.

Yup, this is perfect....

Letang, Desmith, and Gally for Barrie, Engvall, and Kapanen. And we retain the 2.2 million.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Were you not warned already?

This isn't the Pens board. I can discuss Letangs value with opposing fans. Although it's not fair somebody decides who is worthy of discussing who can be traded when the Pens probably don't trade anybody. We got people who bash Crosby, Malkin, and currently Murray and it's fine for whatever reason.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
NMC?

I love letang and think his underrated league wide, but how are your dealing your #1RHD and expecting a #1RHD plus elite winger? Seems like a huge ask that I cannot think of a single team willing to pay. Maybe Ehlers + Pionk but even then that seems too much from Jets given age, contracts etc.

Oh and NMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad