5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Anything less than:

Eichel+Dahlin
Barkov+Ekblad(+)
Matthews+Rielly
MacKinnon+Makar

Would be a no. We are more than happy to keep him.

Come on man . I am an Oiler fan and there no way Draisaitl gets those packages .

TML GM would not even do Matthews
AVS GM wouldn’t do MacKinnon
Buffalo I doubt they would do Eichel
Then you have all these teams adding number 1 D to that . Draisaitl is great and I love having him but with those posted package we would win more games and be a better team . All the other teams would take a step backwards . Heck I would trade McDavid for a true number one D and anther elite C coming back .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
How good is Draisaitl?

If you had to chose between Him or McDavid right now, there would be a tough decision to make due to his performance this season.

a little more to this them meets the eye . We built a good line for Draisaitl. RNH is a very smart player but he is too small and weak to be a C unless he had a couple big wingers to do the heavy lifting. He a prefect winger . Yamamoto energy is infectious to that line . He is like a bee , always buzzing around and won’t go away.

McDavid still has no line mates . It a never ending circle of players . Plug and play . McDavid also carries more value in a trade while opening up more cap space .

All in all I would trade McDavid 1st and demand a massive return while dumping cap

McDavid + Neal + Puljujarvi

to Philadelphia

for

Couturier , Frost , one of their high end young D + 2 1st + a 3C

Sign Lehner in the offer season .

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
Come on man . I am an Oiler fan and there no way Draisaitl gets those packages .

Then you have all these teams adding number 1 D to that . Draisaitl is great and I love having him but with those posted package we would win more games and be a better team . All the other teams would take a step backwards . Heck I would trade McDavid for a true number one D and anther elite C coming back .

I would not take anything less for Drai. I want to keep him.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I would not take anything less for Drai. I want to keep him.

And those other teams want to keep their players you listed . I want to keep McDavid but I am not to post unrealistic values . I am sure if any of those teams said it would take Draisaitl + Nurse + Bouchard ( Nurse isn’t close in value to any of the D you mentioned) you would call those fans out . It is only right that you are getting called out by other Oiler fans .

Ementy

May 11, 2010
Those deals needs Nurse added from our side
From an oilers perspective I would not do any of those deals if anything more than Pulju was added..Just laughable saying TML would not trade Matthews alone, they would jump on it so fast it would make a bullet seem slow. lets not even play upgrade on the player and major cap savings. No nope TML would NEVER do that.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
They probably only trade him for one player in the league

And that player is on his team

Reactions: Kolja

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
And those other teams want to keep their players you listed . I want to keep McDavid but I am not to post unrealistic values . I am sure if any of those teams said it would take Draisaitl + Nurse + Bouchard ( Nurse isn’t close in value to any of the D you mentioned) you would call those fans out . It is only right that you are getting called out by other Oiler fans .

You don't get it.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016

I'm always amuses when people retort like this.

He's not saying that Draisaitl is worth those pairs. He's saying it makes no sense to trade him unless you get something like that in return. Which is 100% correct.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Anything less than:

Eichel+Dahlin
Barkov+Ekblad(+)
Matthews+Rielly
MacKinnon+Makar

Would be a no. We are more than happy to keep him.

Those are wild prices.

As an Avs fan I definitely wouldn’t trade MacKinnon for Draisaitl.

I might not even trade Makar straight up for Drai.

It’s damn near impossible to get a franchise defenceman. Colorado for instance, hasn’t had one since Rob Blake.

It’s irrelevant though. The Oilers would be insane to trade Draisaitl.

Last edited:

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
Those are wild prices.

It’s damn near impossible to get a franchise defenceman. Colorado for instance, hasn’t had one since Rob Blake.

It is ok.

We are very happy to keep him, unless the offer is too good to refuse.

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
Those are wild prices.

Makar gets traded to Draisaitl no questions asked.

LeonDraisaitl

Jan 5, 2015
Saskatchewan
a little more to this them meets the eye . We built a good line for Draisaitl. RNH is a very smart player but he is too small and weak to be a C unless he had a couple big wingers to do the heavy lifting. He a prefect winger . Yamamoto energy is infectious to that line . He is like a bee , always buzzing around and won’t go away.

McDavid still has no line mates . It a never ending circle of players . Plug and play . McDavid also carries more value in a trade while opening up more cap space .

All in all I would trade McDavid 1st and demand a massive return while dumping cap

McDavid + Neal + Puljujarvi

to Philadelphia

for

Couturier , Frost , one of their high end young D + 2 1st + a 3C

Sign Lehner in the offer season .
f*** that’s terrible, not quite the offer but you shouldn’t even consider trading Mcdavid. You should have stopped at “for”

Reactions: zar

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
You don't get it.

You don’t. This is a fan board asking the value of Draisaitl. We aren’t trading him . So we can be realistic in a value of Draisaitl thread . Draisaitl is a home grown talent that I believe will be loyal to the Oilers . Trading him for Matthews who would bolt in 4 years would be dumb . It doesn’t mean Draisaitl has more value then Matthews . I do think right now Draisaitl is the better player . Draisaitl scores goals at roughly the same pace while putting up tons more assists . A player that puts up assist tells me he uses his team mates better and elevated the players around him . Although Draisaitl is better today Matthews is young and still hasn’t reached his full potential .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
f*** that’s terrible, not quite the offer but you shouldn’t even consider trading Mcdavid. You should have stopped at “for”
I trade anyone if it makes the Oilers better . Fans have no concept of building a team . Fans get emotionally attached to a player . While I love McDavid . I would trade him for the right pieces . To do so it would need to make us contenders now plus enough futures to be contenders for years to come .

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Those are wild prices.

That's exactly the point. You'd want Drai +
And that's perfectly fine.

LeonDraisaitl

Jan 5, 2015
Saskatchewan
I trade anyone if it makes the Oilers better . Fans have no concept of building a team . Fans get emotionally attached to a player . While I love McDavid . I would trade him for the right pieces . To do so it would need to make us contenders now plus enough futures to be contenders for years to come .
Trust me it’s not just the fans, for one nobody is offering that because that’s unrealistic and secondly McDavid alone the best player in the league generates a lot of attention and revenue which I’m sure owners who care about money would prefer McDavid

LeonDraisaitl

Jan 5, 2015
Saskatchewan
You apparently have no concept how to build a team either, if your solution is to trade him for a lesser C and futures.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Those are wild prices.

It's funny you think getting a franchise Dman is damn near impossible.
Ask Montreal how their 25+ year quest to get a #1C has worked out for them since Damphousse was considered elite.

Also (knocking on wood) barring any injury, how easy is it to get a #1C with major hardware?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad