Value of: Leon Draisaitl

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Not suggesting he should be traded. Nor do I think he will. But this is a trade board. So..

From Habs: KK, Suzuki, and Danault for Drai.

From Vancouver: Horvat and Hughes for Drai and Nurse.

From Philly: Frost and Voracek.

From Detroit: Larkin and Dekeyser

What do you think he's worth in a trade?
canucks decline

Reactions: Cogburn

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Price would be too high to ever bother having a discussion. Think the valuations will be all over the place. But to have one of the best forwards in the game (lets say top 10 to be conserative), locked up long term on a good contract, thatd cost alot to pry out

Reactions: Morrison

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
from the Habs it would need to start at Price just to get the convo started, and even that might not get it done.

Last edited:

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
No they dont.

Have you watched Quinn Hughes play? We’d be dumb to trade that type of potential for anyone. The value is ok, but why would I upgrade Horvat at the cost of Hughes? It’s counter productive because we have Pettersson and Horvat is a perfect second line centre for this team who put up 62 last year and is on pace for 66 this year; it’s redundant; and would make the Oilers the second best team in the west imo. Why exactly would we help them out while downgrading our team? Not interested. At all.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Rangers would certainly go hard if he were to ask out - I see no other reason for EDM to move him. I’ll spare you the typical offer of a collection of secondary parts.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Jones if Columbus was willing to move him (judging by the Marner thread, they might even elect to keep Jones in lieu of Draisatl).

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
He won't be traded.

But just to start the convo:

The returns would need to center around Jones, Dahlin, Chabot or Eichel to be fair-ish.

None of whom would ever be traded.

Untradeable player for Untradeable player + whatever needs to work out.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
You’re looking at the next Crosby/Malkin duo almost exactly to a T.

We can talk about what’s fair value sure, but at the end of the day he won’t ever be dealt unless he asks for a trade (which I suppose could be possible in a few years. There were plenty of times rumors swirled about Malkin being unhappy.)

For fun:

Jones+Dubois

for

Drai+Larsson

This deal actually probably favors EDM, but both parties still say no.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
You’re looking at the next Crosby/Malkin duo almost exactly to a T.

We can talk about what’s fair value sure, but at the end of the day he won’t ever be dealt unless he asks for a trade (which I suppose could be possible in a few years. There were plenty of times rumors swirled about Malkin being unhappy.)

For fun:

Jones+Dubois

for

Drai+Larsson

This deal actually probably favors EDM, but both parties still say no.
I mean I guess it's fair value, but both teams probably think: what's the point to the trade?

Unless both players demand a trade out of town simultaneously...

**oops, I just checked. Jones only has 2 years beyond this one. Drai has 5**

Not a good contract swap at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad