Value of: Leon Draisaitl

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
You don’t. This is a fan board asking the value of Draisaitl. We aren’t trading him . So we can be realistic in a value of Draisaitl thread . Draisaitl is a home grown talent that I believe will be loyal to the Oilers . Trading him for Matthews who would bolt in 4 years would be dumb . It doesn’t mean Draisaitl has more value then Matthews . I do think right now Draisaitl is the better player . Draisaitl scores goals at roughly the same pace while putting up tons more assists . A player that puts up assist tells me he uses his team mates better and elevated the players around him . Although Draisaitl is better today Matthews is young and still hasn’t reached his full potential .

I pretty much agree with this post. I think Draisaitl has more value than Matthews. He produces more and has a better contract. However I don't think we've seen the ceiling for Matthews. He has another level to get to. The question is, does Draisaitl? Have we seen his limit yet? Scary thought :)

To sort of support the other fan who posted some outrageous trades for Draisaitl, I get what you're saying. The Oilers don't deal a superstar like Draisaitl unless it is in a trade they simply can't refuse. The other teams listed obviously wouldn't make those deals.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Not suggesting he should be traded. Nor do I think he will. But this is a trade board. So..

What would Edmonton want in return?
One of the top three 24 yr old and under C in the league along side McDavid and MacKinnon.

Last edited:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Why does this get bumped up again?
What is to discuss here?

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Not suggesting he should be traded. Nor do I think he will. But this is a trade board. So..

What would Edmonton want in return?

in a deal centered around Seth Jones, i'd say it would be possible, and would benefit both clubs

i.e.
Jones
Jenner

for
Drais

...add any filler for balance, but, this alone is not bad at all for both teams short and long term, i'd say.
Jenner slots in behind McDavid as the #2C
Drais moves Dubois down to #2C

Improves the Oilers D by miles, and Columbus still has a good d-core, but gain the big legit #1C they have never had.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
in a deal centered around Seth Jones, i'd say it would be possible, and would benefit both clubs

i.e.
Jones
Jenner

for
Drais

...add any filler for balance, but, this alone is not bad at all for both teams short and long term, i'd say.

Improves the Oilers D by miles, and Columbus still has a good d-core, but gain the big legit #1C they have never had.
Edmonton declines. Jones is overrated. We have been doen this road before

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

i.e.
Jones
Jenner

for
Drais

Scrolling on my phone, and I had only seen part of this post; it stopped at “Jones”. I thought to myself “I wonder what other assets they will add on top of Jones.”

Then, I expanded the post...Jenner. That’s it. A player who might not even have positive value on his contract. :laugh:

This proposal is more insulting to Draisaitl than anything I have ever said on this forum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad