Value of: Leon Draisaitl

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I dont disagree with you, just bracing for the **** storm that follows. This is almost as bad as not calling Nylander a C in a leafs thread.
I dont remember the last time a leads fan called Nylander a C in those threads, so bad comparison.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Not getting traded, close thread.

However, if you have a 23 or under, 50+ point, RH #1D to offer then we can talk.

Ghost??? Oh wait, he's over 23 by just a hair but he's locked into a steal of a deal

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
It's already been proven very few players can play with McDavid. Drai is one of the few ones that can (Maroon, Nuge have proven to as well).
Those 2 aren't anything special, you proved my point. Like I said it just takes a certain skillset.

McJesusSaves97

I see the light
May 17, 2015
Cowtown: Behind Enemy Lines
Leon has more points over the last couple seasons than both Eichel & Matthews. I guess we will just keep saying he is a product of McDavid though. He's one of the best FO guys in the league too. He can play on the wing just as effectively as at center, but we will keep pretending that is a negative...ssshhh. Oh yeah, somehow he is a few tiers below both those guys as well. That 8.5m per year overpay of a contract that every1 on this site scoffs about will be looking pretty good real soon when compared to "studs" like Eichel & Matthews :naughty:. He's just not available......that is his value :)

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Leon has more points over the last couple seasons than both Eichel & Matthews. I guess we will just keep saying he is a product of McDavid though. He's one of the best FO guys in the league too. He can play on the wing just as effectively as at center, but we will keep pretending that is a negative...ssshhh. Oh yeah, somehow he is a few tiers below both those guys as well. That 8.5m per year overpay of a contract that every1 on this site scoffs about will be looking pretty good real soon when compared to "studs" like Eichel & Matthews :naughty:. He's just not available......that is his value :)

Draisaitl will be getting the same amount of points as Eichel and Matthews while getting paid 2 million less during the course of their contracts. He's a 1C on most teams in the league.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto

Matthews missed a lot of games. I like drai>eichel all day.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Hardly bud. Neither are as good defensively and in the dot Scheifele is 49th and Eichel 98th.
I might swap Draisaitl for Scheifele but only because he's on a value contract. Eichel? Not a chance I take him instead
no offense but if the Sabres did a 1 for 1 I probably wouldn't watch a game this season because of how idiotic that sounds. Eichel requires the other team to be aware in order to defend him alone otherwise he makes them pay without any help.

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
The Oilers have the best 1-2 punch down the middle since Gretzky-Messier. They would be absolutely insane to trade Leon Draisaitl. I disagree that Oiler fans overrate him. He's big, physical, good defensively and consistently puts up points. What is not to like? I would take him on the Blues in a heartbeat, and he would without question be our #1C. It isn't happening, though. Draisaitl is not being traded.
Crosby Malkin just vanish off the face of the earth?

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
LD is pretty damn good but didn't McDavid carry last year with something insane like assisting or scoring on 48 points of his points?

He's a very good #2C, not ready to call him a #1C until he stops riding McDavid coattails.

His value is probably a #2D right now, Trouba maybe.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Draisaitl will be getting the same amount of points as Eichel and Matthews

Why would you think that? Matthews was over PPG in his D+2, Drai wasn't even close in his D+4.

This must be what Oilers fans felt like with McDavid/Matthews comparisons.

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
Dear God this thread proves Draisaitl is the most overrated player in the NHL. He is a 70 point winger if he is with McDavid or a 50-55 point centre if he is centring his own line. That contract is ugly, he is making about 2M a season more than he should. The Oilers are not trading him but he is not a #1 C, not even close.

Reactions: ottawa and Snowman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad