Leon Draisaitl - TOI

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
Interesting to see Leon up in the #5 spot for toi. I understand that we’re only 3/4 games into the season, but why is he the only forward in the top 25 for toi?

For as long as I can remember the top 25 spots have usually been occupied by defensemen.

Surely it won’t stay this way all season, just curious to see.

Mr. Met

Nov 8, 2017
I had honestly never heard of this guy until this thread.

Good to see Germany producing such a talent

Reactions: thedustman

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Interesting to see Leon up in the #5 spot for toi. I understand that we’re only 3/4 games into the season, but why is he the only forward in the top 25 for toi?

For as long as I can remember the top 25 spots have usually been occupied by defensemen.

McDavid didnt really have his legs the first game and tip has been using leon on the first pk/pp units, he was really good in the 3v5 against LA. He's also been matched with McDavid here or there which results in short rests or a couple of double shifts.

Tip said he would reduce his time on ice when Sheahan is back and the plan is to get Haas more ice time, which might result in him playing up and down the lineup a little. Just a combination of injuries and McDavid being poor in the Vancouver game, resulted in Draisaitl getting the nod more than usual. He can handle the ice time though, hes actually quite efficient for his size.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
BAE19002-E334-4E5A-8D64-6A1AF0EFE12F.jpeg

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
It’s the new NHL and Edmonton is ahead of the curve. You stack your team with elite superstars and play them close to 30 mins. These guys are trained like greyhounds, 26-30 mins a night is nothing for these super athletes.

It’s a copycat league and you’re going to see more of this basketball type approach.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
It’s the new NHL and Edmonton is ahead of the curve. You stack your team with elite superstars and play them close to 30 mins. These guys are trained like greyhounds, 26-30 mins a night is nothing for these super athletes.

It’s a copycat league and you’re going to see more of this basketball type approach.
Maybe a copycat league but people don’t usually copy the traits of one of the worst teams in the league. If they had any sort of depth, the ice times would be reigned in to a certain degree.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016

he played 26 minutes the first game so

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
oh this thread turned into a joke thread. but basically the coach was like wow the bottom six sucks and drai is playing like a man possessed lets feed him minutes. the end .

yes normally top icetime is dmen just from the nature of having 3 pairings vs 4 lines and being able to rest on defense vs ecpected to sprint for your entire shift.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Because the Oilers have **** depth and cant spread out the minutes.
Or... 3 mins/night have been on the PK which Sheahan will take now that he is back.

Though I admit our depth is, uh, lacking unless the Euro showtime continues with Nygard and Haas.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
The fact that Draisaitl isn't his teams best player is ridiculous. He will be the Malkin to McDavid's Crosby.

Now, to just find a Letang, Fleury, Guentzel, Gonchar, Hossa, Kessel, Kunitz, Guerin, Hornqvist, Cullen, Murray, Schultz, etc.....

yegoldboysclub

Jan 30, 2019
Saw an interesting stat, almost 2200 players have been drafted as NHL players in the last decade. Only one of them has scored 50 goals. Not to mention he has been a inside top 8 in scoring last two of three seasons.

So ya, he's pretty good.

Reactions: Aerrol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad