Prospect Info: Leon Draisaitl: Memorial Cup MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
That was a nice quick release on that Draisaitl goal.

Fucale sure doesn't impress me.

The Oilers are going to have to convert one of RNH/McDavid/Draisaitl to the point on the PP. All three play the exact same spot and role on the PP. One of these kids needs to start working on their slap shot. It's really too bad they are all left hand shots. I don't think it matters much for 5v5, but it would be great to be able to have one of them able to line up on the other side boards for the PP.

Last edited:

Brokenhead

Feb 8, 2012
Edmonton, AB
That was a nice quick release on that Draisaitl goal.

Fucale sure doesn't impress me.

The Oilers are going to have to convert one of RNH/McDavid/Draisaitl to the point on the PP. All three play the exact same spot and role on the PP. One of these kids needs to start working on their slap shot. It's really too bad they are all left hand shots. I don't think it matters much for 5v5, but it would be great to be able to have one of them able to line up on the other side boards.

Ya, even more true if McLennan wants to use Eberle on the point like he did at the Worlds. Then Pucell is our only righty forward.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
I could see Draisaitl becoming the #2C and RNH moving to his wing.

3 years from now:

Hall - McDavid - Yakupov
RNH - Draisaitl - Eberle

Imagine if they all took hometown discounts to stay together...

hnnnngggg_9873.jpg

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Merkley is really growing on me as a player I don't mind obviously he is not big but is gritty and takes it to the hard areas I could see him turning into a really good player.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I could see Draisaitl becoming the #2C and RNH moving to his wing.

3 years from now:

Hall - McDavid - Yakupov
RNH - Draisaitl - Eberle

Imagine if they all took hometown discounts to stay together...

hnnnngggg_9873.jpg

I don't think there's anyway that RNH moves to the wing. He's a natural centre and a damn good one. Either run 3 good centres with 1 of hall eberle Yak on each line with a complementary player on the opposite wing or trade one in a few years for a D

Merkley is really growing on me as a player I don't mind obviously he is not big but is gritty and takes it to the hard areas I could see him turning into a really good player.

I'd take him at 33 if he's still there (assuming we don't trade the pick). Probably wishful thinking for him to still be there, but crazier things have happened.

Brokenhead

Feb 8, 2012
Edmonton, AB

He is rapidly moving up the charts imo, I don't even know if he will be available by the time the Oilers draft at 16.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
I'm most interested in Draisaitl as a prospect because if he can play this game at the nhl level in the near future then IMO he will be a reason the Oilers could do well in the playoffs, having him as a "3rd line" centre would be unreal and cause huge mismatches

Macblender

May 5, 2014
I don't think there's anyway that RNH moves to the wing. He's a natural centre and a damn good one. Either run 3 good centres with 1 of hall eberle Yak on each line with a complementary player on the opposite wing or trade one in a few years for a D

I think Drai would be the best fit on the wing as a puck dominant player he would fit well with RNH and Ebs.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
I don't think there's anyway that RNH moves to the wing. He's a centre and a damn good one. Either run 3 good centres with 1 of hall eberle Yak on each line with a complementary player on the opposite wing or trade one in a few years for a D

I just feel that Draisaitl is a more traditional centre than RNH. If Draisaitl pans to his upper potential, he'll be too good for the third line, meaning someone would be traded.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Has Tkachev been on the ice at all this period? I swear I haven't heard his name once.

Of course, as soon as I say that he has a shift with Duclair, lol.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I just feel that Draisaitl is a more traditional centre than RNH. If Draisaitl pans to his upper potential, he'll be too good for the third line, meaning someone would be traded.

Both are very pure centers and wouldn't be ideal on the wing, but I think Draisaitl could start on the wing.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I think Drai would be the best fit on the wing as a puck dominant player he would fit well with RNH and Ebs.

I think he would be a better fit on wing than RNH as well, but it still seems like a waste to move him there long term. He's probably going to be too good to be a 3rd line centre, but depending on how the wings are set up I think you could run 3 lines with the 3 of you wanted. Just need to find some complimentary pieces that can run with one of our skilled wingers on each line (similar to pouliot, but preferably cheaper). Probably will end up trading one in the future, but I don't think they necessarily have to if Nurse, Klef and Marincin (or some other d prospects) pan out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad