Player Discussion Leon Draisaitl '18-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Pity he picks and chooses when to play at his best then.

I don't really see that as the case. He seems like a really proud person and player. I think when he's performing poorly it's probably reflected a little bit more in his body language than most players. When he's playing well you can see the same. Not everyone can be like McDavid and just be 110% all the time. There's a reason why McDavid and Crosby are generational players - they never stop working hard. I'm not saying Leon couldn't be better - he definitely can. Just that I can get it from a mental aspect. When he dominates, he's going to dominate and really be feeling that high. When he's off his game, you're going to notice it a lot too. He seems like he's found 2 linemates that can help bring out the best in him and vice versa - hopefully they can keep it rolling.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't really see that as the case. He seems like a really proud person and player. I think when he's performing poorly it's probably reflected a little bit more in his body language than most players. When he's playing well you can see the same. Not everyone can be like McDavid and just be 110% all the time. There's a reason why McDavid and Crosby are generational players - they never stop working hard. I'm not saying Leon couldn't be better - he definitely can. Just that I can get it from a mental aspect. When he dominates, he's going to dominate and really be feeling that high. When he's off his game, you're going to notice it a lot too. He seems like he's found 2 linemates that can help bring out the best in him and vice versa - hopefully they can keep it rolling.

Problem is, he hasn't dominated since 1 playoff game back in 2017.

UnicornONtheCOBB

Jun 29, 2016
I think you're overselling his pass, it was a good pass, but there was literally zero hawks between him and the player he passed to, that was terrible defending.
Leon intercepted the pass, made the steal, came in the zone, made a move through one Hawk, while 2 or 3 other pursued him, and he still had the vision to hit Reider in stride to send him and Chaisson in alone, on a 2 on 0. Hardly a simple pass because of poor defending. Draisaitl set up that goal in like 3 or 4 different ways. I agree, he has some crap games, and crap moments this year, but lately, last 4 or 5 games, he's been way more ON than OFF, give the guy his credit when he deserves it.

Reactions: Duke74

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Tonight Leon skated into a crowd of 4 Hawks, they had him surrounded in a box formation. Leon sneaks a pass through, tic tac toe incoming cause time and space available. Beauty goal by that line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille