Player Discussion Leon Draisaitl '18-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
You mean kinda how it is disingenuous to write off any point Drai scores that McDavid is in on, even if the latter's contribution to said point was negligible? Oddly I haven't seen you bring that up. Only when it fits the argument eh?

I've read lots of posts people saying others are "writing off" Drais' points with McDavid, but I haven't seen anyone actually say those points don't count. So I have no idea what that even means.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Points win or lose games. Not fancy stats and all of the hypothetical scenarios they conjure.

But since some posters like to place an emphasis on plus-minus, Draisaitl is a plus 6 in his last several games. So not only is he getting points but he's also been on the positive side of the +/-.

Outscoring wins games.

You only need to score 82 goals in a regular season to win every game.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Watch this play against four defenders:

I'd say that he's back.

It was a beautiful line goal. But just sick how Drai was triple teamed and still gets the pass into the slot.

A week ago we were hearing Drai only ever plays well with elite players.

He was really strong tonight despite only the one point. could have had a few.

lol on the shot on the bobbling puck. Rieder was bugging him about that one on the bench. I like how the team is starting to feel loose and enjoy things out there.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
It was a beautiful line goal. But just sick how Drai was triple teamed and still gets the pass into the slot.

lol on the shot on the bobbling puck. Rieder was bugging him about that one on the bench. I like how the team is starting to feel loose and enjoy things out there.

Agreed.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

I think you're overselling his pass, it was a good pass, but there was literally zero hawks between him and the player he passed to, that was terrible defending.

Reactions: Peanut Butter

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
We need to remember why there was a push back against Drais game. At a point in the not so distant past, McD was in one every goal the Oilers had scored.

Its not a big stretch, with the above fact staring you in the face, to question what the player who is paid to provide complementary scoring is doing.

Especially when he was leaky in the D zone.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Damn that one-timer he put off the post was an absolute laser beam. I can't remember the last time we had a forward who could get that kind of power off with a one-timer.

Stoll maybe? But he couldn't get it off nearly as quickly or with as much accuracy.

Part of me thinks we should cater the PP to him getting that shot off more frequently.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Damn that one-timer he put off the post was an absolute laser beam. I can't remember the last time we had a forward who could get that kind of power off with a one-timer.

Stoll maybe? But he couldn't get it off nearly as quickly or with as much accuracy.

Part of me thinks we should cater the PP to him getting that shot off more frequently.
Wouldn't be a bad idea, cause he has a rocket for a one timer

Reactions: ujju2

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Wouldn't be a bad idea, cause he has a rocket for a one timer

It might make sense to throw both of McDavid and Nuge on the left side with Drai setting up for the one-timer on the right side. Then we could also use Klefbom's lefty shot more effectively from the point.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Outscoring wins games.

You only need to score 82 goals in a regular season to win every game.

Well, he's now even in the +/- and still putting up points so you can actually give him some credit. It wouldn't hurt you. :)

Last edited:

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

That would require smart coaching by moving McDavid to the left half wall so he can set up Drai for a one timer. The setup now makes no sense with no righty to one time McDavid's passes from.the right half wall. Just a bunch of guys trying to push the puck in the net.
The only one set up for a one timer is McDavid and his one timer is a wet noodle.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Dr. Drai’s line have looked awesome the last few games

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Two weeks ago his biggest supporters like yourself were saying he’s only a 60 point player and needs at least one high level player to help him drive the 2nd line. Turns out he did have way more to give than he did in the first 5/6 games of the season. Drai is playing like the dominant beast I said he could be if he wants to put in the effort needed consistently.

Reactions: Duke74

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

WgIRmWG.gif

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Two weeks ago his biggest supporters like yourself were saying he’s only a 60 point player and needs at least one high level player to help him drive the 2nd line. Turns out he did have way more to give than he did in the first 5/6 games of the season. Drai is playing like the dominant beast I said he could be if he wants to put in the effort needed consistently.
I said 60something. I figured about 68pts would be his lower range. I figured it would be that kind of year. Of course I said that when the worst player on this team, Yamamoto, was being glued on his line.

Now that he has even a modicum of help he should get back to his 70something or more pts production.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Back to playing like the stud player that I expect him to be. He is currently playing like he is not overpaid by even a red cent.

Reactions: Duke74
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad