Player Discussion Leon "Dr Drai" Draisaitl: The Next Episode

Status
Not open for further replies.

SourOil

Oct 3, 2008
To me hitting his head on a counter top sounds an awful lot like a black eye from falling down the stairs.

Honestly I do believe that someone punched him. But you can have a fight and remain friends after, and I don't think it's a big deal.

Absolutely. Teammates fight all the time and I honestly don't think it's always a bad thing. It doesn't really matter how it happened. I just thought it was handled strangely considering the level of speculation swirling around. I mean, if a team can report that one of their players injured his back eating breakfast, you'd think they would be able to say; "yeah, he banged his head away from the rink, next".

Sadly this year sucked so bad that this is the garbage I find interesting.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Are we seriously still talking about this?

They didn't fight eachother ffs

The long crazy summer here.

Its despicable that this groundless rumor continues to get spawned here.

Somebody with nothing better to do makes up a story last year and some people eat it up ever since.

I also find it interesting how absolutely unfounded gossip is completely fine on this board regarding select players, but would be considered entirely offensive and out of line if it was about some other players.

This unsubstantiated rumor slanders two players. Why it it being allowed, perpetrated and perpetuated here?

Last edited:

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
because it happened and its over they are fine now

Darnell> Drai

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Somebody with nothing better to do makes up a story last year and some people eat it up ever since.

I also find it interesting how absolutely unfounded gossip is completely fine on this board regarding select players, but would be considered entirely offensive and out of line if it was about some other players.

This unsubstantiated rumor slanders two players. Why it it being allowed, perpetrated and perpetuated here?

It's because More is expected out of one of the highest paid players in the league who struggled to start the season.

SourOil

Oct 3, 2008

What are you on about? Take a break and relax. It's a slow summer.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
What I find odd in the whole thing is Gregor is ripping on people about this story for most of the year. So why not report what actually happened a long time ago? Why now is he saying LD slipped?

Then again if I were LD I'd be begging the media and Kia/Darnell to make up a story, because f*** he now seems like an idiot.

Like when Moreau broke his ankle shooting hoops. Please just lie next time.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I think it's pretty obvious what happened at this point.

The whole room hated McDavid because he was so arrogant about how awesome his new counter tops were. Drai obviously disagreed and decided to take matters into his own hands. It turns out the counter tops were as awesome as McDavid kept saying though, so Drai came out on the losing end.

Drai, in his embarrassment over losing a fight to a counter top, decided to start a rumour that it was in fact Nurse who hit him(which Nurse agreed to since he also hated McDavid) to save face.

This upset McDavid, so he leaked the actual story to Gregor in hopes to get a shout out for his awesome new counter tops.

Last edited:

SourOil

Oct 3, 2008
I think it's pretty obvious what happened at this point.

The whole room hated McDavid because he was so arrogant about how awesome his new counter tops were. Drai obviously disagreed and decided to take matters into his own hands. It turns out the counter tops were as awesome as McDavid kept saying though, so Drai came out on the losing end.

Drai, in his embarrassment over losing a fight to a counter top, decided to start a rumour that it was in fact Nurse who hit him(which Nurse agreed to since he also hated McDavid) to save face.

This upset McDavid, so he leaked the actual story to Gregor in hopes to get a shout out for his awesome new counter tops.
Going to need a source.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It's because More is expected out of one of the highest paid players in the league who struggled to start the season.
So people should make up the stuff about valued players on the team just because they don't like the contract or something?

I'll be clear here too. If any of these rumors were about somebody like Nuge there'd be clean ups on the aisles every day.

Last I checked made up shit about players was not supposed to be OK on this board or on the entire forum. Theres even been rules about it. Why does all this stand in relation to Nurse or Draisaitl?

The rumor that one player punched another and caused a serious concussion is slanderous. Its nothing short of that.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
So people should make up the stuff about valued players on the team just because they don't like the contract or something?

I'll be clear here too. If any of these rumors were about somebody like Nuge there'd be clean ups on the aisles every day.

Last I checked made up **** about players was not supposed to be OK on this board or on the entire forum. Theres even been rules about it. Why does all this stand in relation to Nurse or Draisaitl?

The rumor that one player punched another and caused a serious concussion is slanderous. Its nothing short of that.

I remember when the black eye and concussion was caused by Trouba. Now that was slander

Reactions: Jet Walters

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
What I find odd in the whole thing is Gregor is ripping on people about this story for most of the year. So why not report what actually happened a long time ago? Why now is he saying LD slipped?

Then again if I were LD I'd be begging the media and Kia/Darnell to make up a story, because **** he now seems like an idiot.

Like when Moreau broke his ankle shooting hoops. Please just lie next time.

I was guilty about repeating the punch rumor, but this is what happened. Somebody here must know too. He slipped down a flight of stairs at a teammates house who no longer plays for the Oilers. He was drunk.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
I want to see him produce away from McDavid. He needs be completely weened from that tit.
Last year his numbers were decent but he didn't pass the eye test most games. I suspect his point totals are more a reflection of his time spent with McDavid.

I don't know what happend with him and Nurse. I don't really believe the rumors.

But I do believe something happen'd with this team. There must be a reason they looked god awful so often last year.
I can't think of a player other than McDavid that played a complete quality year of hockey in my eyes.

Nurse had a great first half then fell off hard in the second half.
Leon like i said. Put up points but you just didn't feel like he was much of an impact in the games.
RNH was doing great but got hurt.

The rest don't even come close.. The whole rest of the team sucked ass imo.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Last I checked made up **** about players was not supposed to be OK on this board or on the entire forum. Theres even been rules about it. Why does all this stand in relation to Nurse or Draisaitl?

You are right. It's a pretty serious attempt at slandering Nurse's character and completely unacceptable.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I want to see him produce away from McDavid. He needs be completely weened from that tit.
Last year his numbers were decent but he didn't pass the eye test most games. I suspect his point totals are more a reflection of his time spent with McDavid.

I don't know what happend with him and Nurse. I don't really believe the rumors.

But I do believe something happen'd with this team. There must be a reason they looked god awful so often last year.
I can't think of a player other than McDavid that played a complete quality year of hockey in my eyes.

Nurse had a great first half then fell off hard in the second half.
Leon like i said. Put up points but you just didn't feel like he was much of an impact in the games.
RNH was doing great but got hurt.

The rest don't even come close.. The whole rest of the team sucked ass imo.

Their top 3 Dmen were either on the IR or shouldn't have been playing because of injury for a large portion of the season. Combine that with a goalie who was playing at well below league average quality for most of the season. That's your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad