Player Discussion Leon "Dr Drai" Draisaitl: The Next Episode

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I want to see him produce away from McDavid. He needs be completely weened from that tit.
Last year his numbers were decent but he didn't pass the eye test most games. I suspect his point totals are more a reflection of his time spent with McDavid.

I don't know what happend with him and Nurse. I don't really believe the rumors.

But I do believe something happen'd with this team. There must be a reason they looked god awful so often last year.
I can't think of a player other than McDavid that played a complete quality year of hockey in my eyes.

Nurse had a great first half then fell off hard in the second half.
Leon like i said. Put up points but you just didn't feel like he was much of an impact in the games.
RNH was doing great but got hurt.

The rest don't even come close.. The whole rest of the team sucked ass imo.

Yeah no point really discussing the rumours because no one knows whether they are true or not.

But I do agree that something happened to this team. They lost its swagger basically from game 2 on. I know that Talbot wasnt good to start the year and the defense was bleeding grade A chances. The team had basically no swagger or identity for the entire year, compared to the previous year when they had it for the entire year.

Maybe it was just the team not trusting the goaltending/defense and the the offense not having enough depth to outscore its mistakes.

No point really discussing it too much because we dont know what happened with the team and honestly this year is over. I just hope they bounce back next year. The team needs to start well next year.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Yeah no point really discussing the rumours because no one knows whether they are true or not.

But I do agree that something happened to this team. They lost its swagger basically from game 2 on. I know that Talbot wasnt good to start the year and the defense was bleeding grade A chances. The team had basically no swagger or identity for the entire year, compared to the previous year when they had it for the entire year.

Maybe it was just the team not trusting the goaltending/defense and the the offense not having enough depth to outscore its mistakes.

No point really discussing it too much because we dont know what happened with the team and honestly this year is over. I just hope they bounce back next year. The team needs to start well next year.

Once a team loses trust in their goalie then the season is pretty much over. Everyone starts playing scared because they know the puck will end up in the net if they make a mistake and because of that mindset they end up making more mistakes.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Once a team loses trust in their goalie then the season is pretty much over. Everyone starts playing scared because they know the puck will end up in the net if they make a mistake and because of that mindset they end up making more mistakes.

I agree but the point I was trying to get at is, they shouldnt of given up by game 2. They lost their swagger and identity basically by game 2.

Just weird to me. Like I said, I dont know if any point discussing because the seasons over. Just hope they get their mojo back next year.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I agree but the point I was trying to get at is, they shouldnt of given up by game 2. They lost their swagger and identity basically by game 2.

Just weird to me. Like I said, I dont know if any point discussing because the seasons over. Just hope they get their mojo back next year.

This to me is another strike against the coaching staff of the club. It's like the just thought that the players carried them into the second round of the playoffs the year before so they really didn't need to do anything.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Drai was messed that night. he also walked into one of the kids rooms and puked everywhere lol..

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Nurse's sis is wishing she had a piece of mein brudder. Guy is pulling so hard he's left humanity behind. Currently all over Celeste Desjardins.
Source: ig

Capture-d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran-2018-02-15-%C3%A0-10.27.11.png

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
For the hell of it I counted how many teams I think Draisaitl would be the #1C on. Slightly more than half. We are really lucky to have him as a 2C here.

Detroit
Montreal
Ottawa
Columbus
New Jersey
Carolina
New York Rangers
Nashville
Minnesota
St. Louis
Chicago (Compared to Toews now, not his prime)
Vegas (I’m not convinced Karlsson is a 1C yet)
San Jose
Calgary
Vancouver
Arizona

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014

29 (Draisaitl) days left! He was an absolute force in this game. Gives me chills every time.

Thanks for sharing, watching is getting me pumped for the season despite how pessimistic I've been all off-season. I'll admit I had somewhat forgotten how legit the whole team looked in 16-17. Obviously the Ducks played poorly in this game, but I would love to see the team get back to playing with this level of jump and confidence.

Also, watching that powerplay goal from Letestu...I can sadly see a little bit of why Todd insisted on trying him in that spot for so long again :laugh:. But only a little bit - no idea why he refused to mix it up.

Reactions: McJazz

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

Once a goalie loses trust in his defense, then the season is pretty much over. He starts having negative thoughts because he knows no matter how much he preps for the game, his guys will make several "I'm not even on the ice yet mentally" mistakes on their first shifts and he'll be facing a 2 on 1 with a D not having the pass and backing up into him in screen. If he makes the save his lone flailing D-man will probably fail to clear the puck.

Worse yet, he knows his fragile team will probably fold because despite it being an A+++ chance, they'll take no personal responsibility for it since it is "yet another 1st or 2nd shot on goal" that's in the net.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Once a goalie loses trust in his defense, then the season is pretty much over. He starts having negative thoughts because he knows no matter how much he preps for the game, his guys will make several "I'm not even on the ice yet mentally" mistakes on their first shifts and he'll be facing a 2 on 1 with a D not having the pass and backing up into him in screen. If he makes the save his lone flailing D-man will probably fail to clear the puck.

Worse yet, he knows his fragile team will probably fold because despite it being an A+++ chance, they'll take no personal responsibility for it since it is "yet another 1st or 2nd shot on goal" that's in the net.

When your goalie is letting in the first shot of the game almost 20% of the time or momentum killing goals then you can't blame the defence. Our team defensive coverage wasn't horrible last year but you do need a goalie to bail you out when there's a breakdown. It's what separates the great goalies from the average ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad