GDT: LEND ME YOUR ENERGY | Draft Lottery GDT | Sens Edition

OUTHOUSE

Feb 16, 2008
99 Rideau
These people calling into the Team 1200 have no idea how odds work, let alone how the draft lottery works. Everyone is so miserable, yet our combination of picks is better than what was mathematically expected.

To add onto it, none of these callers know anything about any of the prospects after Laf, so why call in and whine? Our first pick is essentially as good as the second overall pick.

Casual fans man...

Last edited:

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Byfield going to LA is a given dependant on a number of factors...he will be a star there. Stutzle will be a Sen and I’m fine with that. I wanted him anyway. Stutz and Rossi. Let’s score some f***ing goals.

The German (speaking) connection. Any Swiss Germans in the draft?

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
These people calling into the Team 1200 have no idea how odds work, let alone how the draft lottery works. Everyone is so miserable, yet our combination of picks is better than what was mathematically expected.

To add onto it, no of these callers know anything about any of the prospects after Laf, so why call in and whine? Our first pick is essentially as good as the second overall pick.

Casual fans man...

The casuals fans are right. The people who think a draft lottery with ridiculously low odds for the worst teams is a good thing for the league are delusional.

We lost three straight lotteries. We didn't hold our position. We're picking #5.

Detroit lost three straight lotteries. They didn't hold their position. They are picking #4.

Sure odds were against us but the fact that the feelings of a bunch of f***ing morons who were upset at Edmonton 5 years ago managed to convince the league of this god awful system for determining who gets the slam dunk franchise players in the draft... is pathetic. The league should have had a backbone. Same goes for the NBA and their draft.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Part of me wants to be satisfied with 3 and 5, knowing we're getting 2 studs, but the other part bemoans not getting laf. I think getting 2 would have been the same kick in the pants personally.

Awesome player, but not laf.

Reactions: Sensators

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
The way I see it all the lottery teams got screwed. Unknown Lottery Team E with a 2.5% chance to get Lafreniere ended up winning. Imagine how Detroit feels moving down 3 spots. It could be a lot worse, we could have ended up 5th/6th.

My Prediction:

1. Unknown team - Lafreniere
2. LA - Byfield
3. Ottawa - Stutzle
4. Detroit - Rossi or Drysdale
5. Ottawa - Rossi or Perfetti

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
3 and 5 plus wherever NYI lands.
4 2nd round picks.
2 3rd round picks.
Likely another Top 10 pick next year.

Despite not winning the big prize, we are still in good hands for rebuilding through the draft.

Reactions: derriko

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
The way I see it all the lottery teams got screwed. Unknown Lottery Team E with a 2.5% chance to get Lafreniere ended up winning. Imagine how Detroit feels moving down 3 spots. It could be a lot worse, we could have ended up 5th/6th.

My Prediction:

1. Unknown team - Lafreniere
2. LA - Byfield
3. Ottawa - Stutzle
4. Detroit - Rossi or Drysdale
5. Ottawa - Rossi or Perfetti

I mean SJS held their position. So there's that. They won the lottery for their own ranking in the standings. What a win.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This really sucks. Now I hate that certain GMs deliberately tank, but.....Detroit dropping from 1 to 4 isn't fair to anyone. You shouldn't punish a team that much. Have a lotto among the bottom 5 or 6 teams for first, and that's it. Most you can drop is 1 spot. Lotto for top 3 is giving middle range teams too many top picks. We're seeing a growing disparity in the league, and this lotto is a big reason why. Rangers sure as hell didn't need that massive help last year...same with Chicago.

For us, I'm just disappointed to drop from 2-3 to 3-5. Yes, they are still good picks....but f***ing hell, what a letdown.

....and HF is run on a freaking potato

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016

To add onto it, no of these callers know anything about any of the prospects after Laf, so why call in and whine? Our first pick is essentially as good as the second overall pick.

Casual fans man...

Not a better outcome than average at all:

54% of outcomes by probability were better (3-4 or higher) and only 37% were worse (4-5 or 5-6). An average outcome would have been 3-4.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Shhh...

Here’s the secret.

If you drink enough you won’t wake up in this f***ed up world.

Joke.

My only tankathon sim today was 5th and 6th so this is marginally better.

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
If LA really would rather take a D, but wants a sweetener to sell down, options could be offer Detroit 5th overall + 2nd + another late for 4th overall

Then 4th overall + a 2nd rounder to LA for 2nd to be sure they go D.

Stutzle + Byfield here we come.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad