GDT: LEND ME YOUR ENERGY | Draft Lottery GDT | Sens Edition

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Small part of me thinks we counter the likes of Matthews, Marner, Pastrnak, Marchand, Eichel etc with Sanderson.

other teams in our division may have more firepower but

Chabot-JBD
Sanderson-Brannstrom

we’d crush them defensively.

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Quinn
Mysak-Norris-Batherson

still solid top 6 offensively.

we gonna be the Nashville or STL of the East.

Reactions: Icelevel

OUTHOUSE

Feb 16, 2008
99 Rideau
honestly I would really want that to happen. I don’t want Lafreniere to go to any team like Toronto mtl Chicago Edmonton Vancouver Pitts.

he can gi Carolina or CBJ or Isles or Arizona
Yup, and we know how dangerous those unprotected firsts are. Imagine NYI bombing next year and then we get to experience this all over again

Reactions: DrEasy

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Very happy with 3 and 5 but the whole draft lottery process was bogus if you ask me.
Call me a conspiracy theorist but this whole thing was set up by the NHL in a very diabolical way. They made it clear when they awarded a playoff team with the n.1 pick. This was all organized to appease the teams 8-15 who argued that they were getting the short end of the stick. But there's more to that. By awarding the n.1 pick to one of these teams the NHL increased viewership for the Playoffs because now not only is the Stanley Cup at stake but also the "franchise" player.

Well done Bettman,

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
“I think we’re going to have a lot of conversations,” Dorion said. “I’m very fortunate to be in a business where I work with 30 very smart counterparts. Discussions are always productive. Those discussions I’m sure will take place. Everybody knows how good this draft is. So, No. 3 and No. 5 will 99.99 per cent be off the table, but at the same time you always have to listen for the benefit of this organization.

“Part of the plan is taking two good players for this organization.”

Guys, I just read a Bruce Garrioch article where Dorion confirms we're trading the 3rd and 5th pick for Jack Eichel....(I am just kidding)

Reactions: derriko

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Yup, and we know how dangerous those unprotected firsts are. Imagine NYI bombing next year and then we get to experience this all over again

There was a discussion about this in another thread, but I think people are swept up in how much fun it is to watch standings when an unprotected pick isn't your own. If the Islanders have a shot at the lottery, it means their pick is 13th-15th. In a deep draft, where we also have ammo to move up, that's much better than risking that a team who have made the playoffs twice in the last three seasons will give us a pick high enough to justify giving that up.

Basic point is, where does the best player available at 15 in this draft go in 2021? Would we need a top 10 pick to break even? Higher?

Putting it in the context of a trade, I think 15 this year would be more valuable than their unprotected 2021 1st.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I think we need to take Sanderson/drysdale.

Take a forward with the isles pick.

Hopefully Stutzle is available at 3. Otherwise Byfield.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Is it bad that I'm happier picking 3rd than 2nd? I think the Sens would draft Byfield for sure with 2OA, whereas now we might end up with Stutzle, whom I prefer.

and 5th is the perfect spot for drafting Rossi.

I'm satisfied with today's outcome.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
This could work(I’m not giving up on L brown. Also, expensive 4C)

Tkachuk-Brown-Duclair/NYI pick
Norris-Byfield/Stutzle-Batherson
Formenton-Pinto-Abramov/C.Brown
Paul-White-Kastelic

Chabot-Sanderson
JBD-Brannstrom
Wolanin-Thomson

Last edited:
Reactions: Bileur

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Will our possibilities change if they call off the season after everyone tests positive for COVID? Which is likely

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Laf is too rich for our blood, never had a chance and likely better off for him with real support anyways! Hope we go Stutzle and Rossi but trust the scouting staff with whomever they take, as their work speaks for itself imo.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Still find it funny that we'd be drafting 5th after all this shit if we didn't have San Jose's pick. In 2018, our pick slid 2 spots, 3 spots in 2019 (Avs), and 3 spots this year.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
What did this:

"Also… stay tuned post-lottery for an announcement about something very new and exciting that will provide front-line access to what’s sure to be some thrilling upcoming hockey! "

end up being?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Still find it funny that we'd be drafting 5th after all this shit if we didn't have San Jose's pick. In 2018, our pick slid 2 spots, 3 spots in 2019 (Avs), and 3 spots this year.

That's the way the lottery is designed though, most likely outcome for teams near the bottom of the standings is sliding down 2 or 3 spots.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Small part of me thinks we counter the likes of Matthews, Marner, Pastrnak, Marchand, Eichel etc with Sanderson.

other teams in our division may have more firepower but

Chabot-JBD
Sanderson-Brannstrom

we’d crush them defensively.

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Quinn
Mysak-Norris-Batherson

still solid top 6 offensively.

we gonna be the Nashville or STL of the East.

Another scenario could be:

Tkachuk-Perfetti (5OA)-Stutzle (2OA)
Duclair-Norris-Batherson

Chabot-JBD
Guhle/Schneider (18OA)-Brannstrom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad