Lemieux vs Barbashev

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
If Barbashev's production translates, it possible that we missed. But with Lemieux, we get something that we don't have in our organization, sans Kaleta who will be gone sooner than later I think. Will Barbashev's game turn into a quality top 6 forward, ahead of the likes of Armia, Fasching, Compher, Baptiste, etc? This was about getting a unique piece instead of more of the same.

I agree with Stokes .. I agree with Stokes!

ZeroPT*

Is there anyone on here besides me who thought Lemieux was a better pick for us given our organizational makeup? I still believe it to be the truth.

Sure. A nasty pest was a big add to our group but if there was a player that (I thought) was far and away the BPA, it's disappointing.

But like I said earlier, as long as Lemieux is a Sabre I'll root for him and I'm glad he's in our pool. Just rather would've had Barbs

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
In the 2013 draft, when we skipped on Nishushkin and drafted Ristolainen, I was pissed. Now, if could go back, I wouldn't change it. I hope to feel that way about Lemieux someday, because I wanted Barb. But then again, it's a second rounder, it's not like it's a generational talent.

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
In the 2013 draft, when we skipped on Nishushkin and drafted Ristolainen, I was pissed. Now, if could go back, I wouldn't change it. I hope to feel that way about Lemieux someday, because I wanted Barb. But then again, it's a second rounder, it's not like it's a generational talent.

Same. Ristolainen is looking damn solid.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
I haven't seen enough of Lemieux to compare in great detail but I will comment on Barbashev.

I've watched Barbashev play nearly one hundred times and this kid is the real deal. He plays both sides of the puck well and is equally effective when creating offence or defending. He has tremendous hockey IQ and is an amazing passer. He wrecks havoc for opponents along the boards and in the corners. He always finishes checks. Definitely not a perimeter player which makes room for his linemates. He's a reliable player you can put in all situations. Due to his size , smarts and work ethic , I think we'll see his game translate very easily.He's the first one at the rink and the last to leave. Very bright and well spoken young man. Loved by teammates and fans. He's a leader by example and someone every team would love to have. I'd put money on Barbashev being a second line , 45-55 point player. He often reminds me of David Backes and I can see the Girgensons compairisons as well. 2 years away. It amazes me he slid into the second round. The Blues' struck gold.

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
Saw the Barber play Sweden live, and he is the real deal. Gritty and effective, hard to play against anywhere on the ice.

Considering that Lemieux has 29 goals in 32 games played in the O this season, the jury is still out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad