News Article: Lemieux, Burkle exploring possible sale of Penguins

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015

Seems to me that's less than what was reported when they announced they were 'exploring the possibility of a sale'

The value of the Penguins only went down 1% since last year. With the Civic arena property included in the sale, $750,000 is probably a good deal for whoever is buying the team.

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
What's the cash, after taxes pay out of the Powerball?

I was just thinking about that today as well. In the state with the highest lottery taxes, New York, it was estimated that a stand alone jackpot winner would receive $577 million after all is said and done with taxes on a lump sum payout. I'm sure if someone tossed that kind of money at Burkle and Lemieux they would take it.

Upon winning I will buy the Penguins

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
If I win the powerball I'll buy the team with good intentions and immediately go mad with power. Steigerwald will praise me all game instead of Kunitz and I'll commission a new version of "Boys of Winter" that's just someone singing my name over and over again to the tune of the original song.

ibar726

Aug 6, 2013
If I win the powerball I'll buy the team with good intentions and immediately go mad with power. Steigerwald will praise me all game instead of Kunitz and I'll commission a new version of "Boys of Winter" that's just someone singing my name over and over again to the tune of the original song.
You would seriously retain Steigerwald?

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
If I buy the team my first order of business will be an immediate Kunitz trade, force the GM's hand into upgrading our defense and no more wiffleball.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I'll replace the Lemieux statue with a Mount Rushmore type installation featuring Jarkko Ruutu, Bobby Farnham, Matt Cooke and Francois Leroux.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Me: Hi JR, I'm SEALBound the new owner.

JR: Well Hel...

ME: SHUT UP! Here is your To Do list that must be done by the end of the week or else you're gone.

JR: Ummmm...okay...let's see: Goodbye Kunitz. I believe that means you want him traded. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "**** Porter". Do you trade or send down or....

ME: OFF the roster!

JR: Okay, okay, done. Let's see, never trade another 1st round pick for as long as you live. Bye Letang, hello Laine. That will be tough as...

ME: Shut it! Do it, do it now.

JR: Okay, okay, done. Fire Moorehouse...you have that scratched out?"

ME: Yes, I will do that.

JR: Okay, fire Guerin. Why's that?

ME: Elmer.

JR: Gotcha. Fire Tocchet, okay. Call Ray Shero and remind him he's fire. Ummm...okay. Call Dan Bylsma and remind him he's fire. Seriously? If Laine and Puljujarvi are not selected by the Penguins, fire yourself. Oh nope wait...there it is right there in the fine print. I'm fired anyways. ...wonderful. :(

We may suck this year and next...but it will be a small price to pay. #MakethePenguinsGreatAgain

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Can the team be sold to new owners damnit. Get some hockey guys who know what they are doing to run a succesfull org already.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
If I bought the team, I would also buy from the Calgary Flames a new President of Hockey Operations - Brian Burke.

And then step back and let him take care of it all, chewing my fingernails instead of giving in to the temptation to meddle.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Me: Hi JR, I'm SEALBound the new owner.

JR: Well Hel...

ME: SHUT UP! Here is your To Do list that must be done by the end of the week or else you're gone.

JR: Ummmm...okay...let's see: Goodbye Kunitz. I believe that means you want him traded. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "**** Porter". Do you trade or send down or....

ME: OFF the roster!

JR: Okay, okay, done. Let's see, never trade another 1st round pick for as long as you live. Bye Letang, hello Laine. That will be tough as...

ME: Shut it! Do it, do it now.

JR: Okay, okay, done. Fire Moorehouse...you have that scratched out?"

ME: Yes, I will do that.

JR: Okay, fire Guerin. Why's that?

ME: Elmer.

JR: Gotcha. Fire Tocchet, okay. Call Ray Shero and remind him he's fire. Ummm...okay. Call Dan Bylsma and remind him he's fire. Seriously? If Laine and Puljujarvi are not selected by the Penguins, fire yourself. Oh nope wait...there it is right there in the fine print. I'm fired anyways. ...wonderful. :(

We may suck this year and next...but it will be a small price to pay. #MakethePenguinsGreatAgain

This is all... incredible. You have my support. If I win and buy the team I will use this as a blueprint. I will also tear down the NYI statue.

P.S. The **** Porter was legit lol territory

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

Make me GM and I promise you the next guy that assaults one of our stars ends up in long term hospice care.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad