News Article: Lemieux, Burkle exploring possible sale of Penguins

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
oh..

clearly this is because they are upset over the Despres trade.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
If Mario is still interested in being involved he can take Morehouse's position if he feels so inclined.

Also, didn't Colligan call this like a month ago?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
oh..

clearly this is because they are upset over the Despres trade.

Or Saad!

This is actually kind of big news, and to be totally honest could actually end up being really good for this franchise. It's blatantly obvious that ownership has cared more about selling seats and jerseys than actually building a Stanley Cup contender year in and year out.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
39305dd03f238560ca0cad5115ee_w701_h531_gi:photo:49162.jpg

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
If Mario is still interested in being involved he can take Morehouse's position if he feels so inclined.

Also, didn't Colligan call this like a month ago?

I suspect, and the article suggests, that he wants to get out or reduce his share to a very small one.

He probably reads this board and is sick of a bunch of ungrateful whiners acting like he's Ted Stepien crossed with chemtrails.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Or Saad!

This is actually kind of big news, and to be totally honest could actually end up being really good for this franchise. It's blatantly obvious that ownership has cared more about selling seats and jerseys than actually building a Stanley Cup contender year in and year out.

I was just going to say this, this is great news imo. Hopefully it's sold over the summer and Morehouse is let go.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
also looks like the pens dodged a bullet with pegula, though the relative positions of the two franchises might make comparisons unfair.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I suspect, and the article suggests, that he wants to get out or reduce his share to a very small one.

He probably reads this board and is sick of a bunch of ungrateful whiners acting like he's Ted Stepien crossed with chemtrails.

this isn't fair, man.

I doubt Mario has time to read after counting all of his money

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
They're 'exploring the possibility' of selling 'some or all' of the Pens.

It doesn't mean Burkle and Lemieux are necessarily getting out but they are looking at various options. It's believed Lemieux, perhaps more than Burkle, may have an interest in getting his equity share out of the ‎franchise

Interesting. It's been brought up before that Mario built a huge house in Canada, and that with his kids are pretty much grown the speculation was that he's planning to move back north. Who knows. Maybe they're letting Morehouse drive down the value of the team so they can sell it faster :sarcasm:

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
new ownership would surely mean lesshouse, unless of course the penguins become the property of the clinton foundation

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I've got like 8 bucks in my wallet. I'm gonna need assurances that I'll get a position in the front office though.

"Hi, Bob Murray? This is the new HFBoards Conglomerate in charge of the Pittsburgh Penguins. How much for Simon Despres? We won't take no for an answer"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad