Confirmed with Link: Lehner will not return, confirmed by Botterill

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
He's an RFA. Anyone who is willing to extend him his qualifying offer has, at worst, a second round pick coming their way if he refused to sign and gets a higher offer from someone else.

He can't say no, not in any way that doesn't generate a free asset.

And LOL at the someone offer sheeting Lehners.
I agree we should have qualified him.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I remember being pumped when Murray made the trade for Lehner. I saw Lehner up close and personal many times when he backstopped the B-Sens to their Calder win.

I swear, the guy has regressed since then. Whether it is due to injuries or just not taking his craft seriously, the guy has considerable less lateral movement then he had when he was an AHL goalie.

I wish him well but I just don’t see much of a future in this league for him until he addresses that issue....if he can.
I think injuries are the problem. They take away his quickness and he can't afford to lose any. I wouldn't be surprised if he needs hip surgery.

Reactions: 5 Minute Major

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Good riddance, tbh. Dude came across as a diva and pointed fingers an awful lot for somebody who couldn't seal a post, stop a beachball on breakaways/shootouts, or control rebounds.

Reactions: BananaSquad

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
woop

Scoop

Botts with much competence here

Not sure how this is on Botts.

He tried to move him at the deadline....no interest.

He likely tried to move him before walking away from his QO....no interest.

What's he supposed to do? Make teams pay him for a bad goalie? Does he have a nephew that is a NHL GM somewhere?

On the ice? No. Not close.

Chad Johnson is a turd. You can dislike Lehner while still acknowledging that Chad Johnson sucks. That's allowed.

I definitely felt like the team liked playing in front of Johnson more than Lehner. I felt the on ice product was better when Johnson was in net.

That being said....yes, Johnson is an average backup. Should not be used in a tandem role unless you can shelter the goalie.

Or he could be lying. Which it has been confirmed he does all the time.

That would be a pretty astounding thing for him to just make up, especially considering it would be putting his job at risk to lie about something like that.

Hamilton tends to draw his own conclusions from things he sees from a distance.

Lehner "refusing to do shootouts" could be as simple as Lehner nursing an injury and not wanting to aggravate it...and he was injured a lot. I remember the whole "Reinhart refusing to do the extra 'O'Reilly' practices" and used that to insinuate Reinhart was lazy. Basically he sees or hears something, doesn't do any legwork to confirm what he thinks has happened, and reports it as fact. And note he typically only does this of the less talkative players who will call him out. There's a reason he waited for Lehner to leave to report he "Refused to do shootouts"....he knew that Lehner would call him out on it immediately. Now that Lehner is gone...he doesn't have to worry about it.

Reactions: Fearnot

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Im pretty sure im the only one who wanted him re-signed. That is fine, but people need to stop acting like he is the reason for world hunger.
No, he’s not the reason. But he’s A major reason they didn’t get into the playoffs. Not the only reason. But a major reason. And he kicks puppies and throws rocks at kittens so there’s that too.

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad