Confirmed with Link: Lehner will not return, confirmed by Botterill

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
Probably very limited interest knowing we have limited leverage (ie, may not want him but would have to QO him (at ~4 million) and have him for the year at a minimum).

Seems like he shouldn't be valueless, but I can see the QO situation pushing it that way.

I'm more concerned/interested in seeing what assets is costs to get a NHL backup/1B and an AHL starter since the goalie UFA market this year is pretty meh.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
We just let Vanek walk pretty much, that 1st we used on Lehner was from the Vanek trade I believe.

Trade his rights for Pacioretty at least. :sarcasm:

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Broadcasting not qualifying this early doesn’t really make sense though, unless you’re trying to mess with a team that needs a rotation goalie and doesn’t think they can sign him in UFA/for a non guaranteed starting job.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
spec·u·la·tion - the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

If McKenzie had a source he'd say Buffalo won't qualify Lehner

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I have no problem not qualifying Lehner...

I do think it’s weird to be against buyouts, while kicking Lehner to the curb.

Yes, I know... dead cap space ooooooo:eek:

Bearbait

Mar 4, 2011
Well, I guess maybe with all this ROR trade talk floating around, maybe Botts has a goalie as part of a deal in mind. Time will tell I guess, but we need a backup that we can rely on for 30 games, that's for sure. I just don't think we should dump much more than 50 games on Ulmark in his first full year.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Well, I guess maybe with all this ROR trade talk floating around, maybe Botts has a goalie as part of a deal in mind. Time will tell I guess, but we need a backup that we can rely on for 30 games, that's for sure. I just don't think we should dump much more than 50 games on Ulmark in his first full year.

Who says it’s Ullmark who will get 50 games? Hell, he might get 25-30 max :dunno:

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Well I for one won't miss his puck handling and rebound control..

then again, I won't miss anything about Lehner.

Reactions: Reddawg

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Botts better figure something out in the crease. Right now, our only NHL goaltender has a sum total of half of one good AHL season in his career, and was a turd down the stretch last season in that league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad