Prospect Info: Lehigh Valley Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akanon

Apr 15, 2012
Philadelphia Flyers @NHLFlyers
The prospects have taken the ice as Day 2 of #Flyers Development Camp gets underway.
BsRHSYuCIAAEepn.jpg

anthonymingioni
Day 2 #flyersdevcamp. We'll call this one "Manual Resistance Power Skating Training" starring Scott Laughton #flyers
924555_1505907309641802_542767291_n.jpg

anthonymingioni
Day 2: Short area speed burst test. Aube-Kubel's turn. #flyers #flyersdevcamp
10554081_247910105405331_2122094824_n.jpg

Dave Isaac ‏@davegisaac
More technology in use. #Flyers tracking sprints with four on-ice sensors. Taylor Leier sprinting here.
BsRFIZAIcAAXHvw.jpg

Anthony Mingioni @AnthonyMingioni
Aube-Kubel's speed burst test...little choppy out of the block. Leier & Laughton looked nice and smooth, though. Cousins solid too. #flyers

Anthony Mingioni @AnthonyMingioni
Call it Classic Swedish training but Oskar Lindbolm's passing & stick handling is as smooth as silk. #flyers #flyersdevcamp

sportsology ‏@sportsology
Tyrell Goulbourne has one of the heaviest wrist shot in the forwards group. #flyers

Akanon

Apr 15, 2012
I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but it looks like Hägg will play for the Phantoms next season.

On experience playing for Phantoms last season...
It was really fun. I hadn't had so much fun the whole season except for the World Junior in my home country. It was a great experience for me to know what to expect when I get back there this season and have positive memories with the last 10 games with the Phantoms.
http://www.courierpostonline.com/story/flyer-files/2014/07/11/flyers-sam-morin-robert-hagg-travis-sanheim-shayne-gostisbehere/12515811/

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You wonder how much impact Hextall had last year, because all of a sudden, this team has gone from maybe one of the five worst in terms of prospects to at least average or above average.

Notice first thing Hextall does is pick up a 3rd and 4th rd pick in a supposedly deep 2015 draft after Holmgren trades the 2nd and 3rd round picks.

RJ8812*

sportsology ‏@sportsology
Quote:
Tyrell Goulbourne has one of the heaviest wrist shot in the forwards group. #flyers

ya, but...

Tyrell Goulbourne, the goon they took in the 3rd round last year, tried to stuff the puck in the net from 2 feet in front of it every time he finished the drills. He missed almost every time.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Have the Flyers used on-ice sensors like that in the past or is it a new thing?
Don't think I have seen that before.

Wonder if Chip Kelly's sports science program is rubbing off onto the Flyers :)

Also, to nobody's surprise:

Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN 22s
Gostisbehere clearly best sprinter in timed speed tests among the defense. Friedman pretty good

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
We have such a good mix at the D position coming up. Its going to be really good in the next few years with these guys. Especially if our 2015 prospect turns into a G, williams, Gagne, Ricahrds level of player.

Akanon

Apr 15, 2012
It's been awhile since I made a GIF, so I decided to make this. Ghost's and Sanheim's speed bursts side-by-side.

iS6KVT4WrwvSp.gif

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Laughton, Stolarz, Ghost, Leier, Morin, and Hagg (and Goulbourne) are all Homgren's picks.

10399979_749967058387790_5419819178389808449_n.jpg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yeah, but weren't they talking with Hextall before that?

Just because the change in philosophy is obvious, was it the reason to get Hextall, or was it also things they talked about with Hextall before he came over. Not a conspiracy theory, more that the organization was leaning in this direction (not so much Holmgren, which is why I wonder about his input on drafting, his trades and signings didn't signal a big shift, i.e. Vinny, Hartnell's long-term deal, JVC for Schenn, etc.).

Would Hextall have come if he hadn't seen a commitment to youth and speed over age and "Flyer toughness."

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah, but weren't they talking with Hextall before that?

Just because the change in philosophy is obvious, was it the reason to get Hextall, or was it also things they talked about with Hextall before he came over. Not a conspiracy theory, more that the organization was leaning in this direction (not so much Holmgren, which is why I wonder about his input on drafting, his trades and signings didn't signal a big shift, i.e. Vinny, Hartnell's long-term deal, JVC for Schenn, etc.).

Would Hextall have come if he hadn't seen a commitment to youth and speed over age and "Flyer toughness."

Yes Hextall's secretly been on the payroll for these past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad