Prospect Info: Lehigh Valley Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Morin is apparently still a little ginger from the foot injury he suffered in April.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Maybe this explains it:

Anthony Mingioni @AnthonyMingioni
“@nsahockey2013: @AnthonyMingioni how is Morins'foot he was in walking boot during playoffs” moving ok at times, other times: gingerly.
---------
Re: last tweet. This is Morin's first time on ice since the Q playoffs. Gingerly movment is to be expected. #Flyers

That might be contributing to it, but I'd imagine it's pretty standard for a 6'7", 19 year old kid to be having issues with it. The biggest thing I noticed is his turns were a little wide.

Anyway, I didn't get to see him last year - so he may have improved on it, but it didn't look as bad as a lot of people made it out to be. Probably something he still has to work on, but I don't think he's that far off. I was pleasantly surprised.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Morin looks like hes gonna be a monster. He still looks super young in the face but hes 224 already?

Morin is 6'7 224

Pronger by comparison was 6 ft 6 220 lb when he played

Not saying that has anything to do with anything but just think that kid is huge.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Is it the hip surgery the same one a lot of young goalies get? I read about that being a thing somewhere on HFB.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
There's interviews from today with Morin, Gostisbehere, Laughton, & Sanheim on the Flyers website. I posted the Sanheim one in his thread but couldn't find a way to get the correct links for the the other three to post them here.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
Whats up with Ghoulbourne? As much as people hate this guy, i like him. He looked good from when i saw him in the Whl this year! And would look cool on the fourth line. I know he denied the AHL contract. So what's he doing now? Can someone bring me up to speed?

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Whats up with Ghoulbourne? As much as people hate this guy, i like him. He looked good from when i saw him in the Whl this year! And would look cool on the fourth line. I know he denied the AHL contract. So what's he doing now? Can someone bring me up to speed?

I like his fighting style, throws a ton of punches and fast, I wish i could see more of his offense.

Love this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIr_kMM8Sis

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

He's trying to earn an NHL contract at the big camp.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
"In three or four years, maybe all of us are up at the NHL level," the 19-year-old Swede said. "It would be as fun as can be. It would be really fun if me, Ghost, Morin and Sanheim could be a top four in the Flyers in four years."

- Hagg

http://www.courierpostonline.com/st...s-may-eventually-home-grown-defense/12503533/

Haha Hagg thinking the same thing we all are.

I really liked this quote from Hagg:

"You should have pressure on you because you're a high pick and you're treated well," he said. "They treat you very well and you should be successful. You owe them back success."

He sets a really, really high standard for himself. His comments after the WJC speak to that, too, I think.

I'm not his biggest fan here, but I like his attitude at least.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
The best thing about Wilcox is that he is a righty. If things work out well for him maybe he could be a nice 3rd pairing defenseman for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad