Value of: Legit top 6 winger to NJ (offseason)

Hockey Fanatik

Mar 28, 2021
They're one of the few teams that can afford to pay UFAs what they want. Why trade valuable assets?
Taking on other teams semi-bad contracts allows us to get better value per dollar than just signing

plus NJ likely doesnt want any term past the two seasons after this one

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
You can have Henrique back
We'll take him back as an analyst when he retires

So Zucker maybe?
4 years ago jason zucker would have interested me

Bring Taylor Hall back.
nyo
Johnny Gaudreau will be available. If the devils were able to acquire him I'd be okay with it...

I agree.
I’d recommend johnathan drouin from Montreal . Say a 2021 3rd and a 2022 1st .

this is a joke, right?

Hockey Fanatik

Mar 28, 2021
Johnny Gaudreau will be available. If the devils were able to acquire him I'd be okay with it...
Even though hes outside my age range, as a small player who plays a finesse game, he wouldnt be a liability toward the end of a 6-7 year deal

if it can be under 10m, id do it in a heartbeat. Hes that good and a local, and would boostour already good youth

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Even though hes outside my age range, as a small player who plays a finesse game, he wouldnt be a liability toward the end of a 6-7 year deal

if it can be under 10m, id do it in a heartbeat. Hes that good and a local, and would boostour already good youth

Hard pass on Gaudreau. Would just be a waste of assets and cap space when you already have Bratt and Hughes who bring a similar game. Not to mention he’s a UFA at the end of next year.

I want to target Timo Meier, Brock Boeser, Jakub Vrana, Alex Tuch, and maybe even Laine. Give me either a sniper or a young forward with some size rather than a redundant skill set on this team. Granted those guys are going to cost a lot, but we have an excessive amount of prospects and picks. We need to start turning it into young NHL ready talent.

Hockey Fanatik

Mar 28, 2021
Hard pass on Gaudreau. Would just be a waste of assets and cap space when you already have Bratt and Hughes who bring a similar game. Not to mention he’s a UFA at the end of next year.

I want to target Timo Meier, Brock Boeser, Jakub Vrana, Alex Tuch, and maybe even Laine. Give me either a sniper or a young forward with some size rather than a redundant skill set on this team. Granted those guys are going to cost a lot, but we have an excessive amount of prospects and picks. We need to start turning it into young NHL ready talent.
Those players dont cost only cash; we can wait to sign Gaudreau

and im sorry but Im not letting Jesper Bratt be a reason I not sign Johnny Gaudreau, a proven better version of what Bratt likely ever becomes

you cant waste 36+m in cap space every season and expect to get better

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Those players dont cost only cash; we can wait to sign Gaudreau

and im sorry but Im not letting Jesper Bratt be a reason I not sign Johnny Gaudreau, a proven better version of what Bratt likely ever becomes

you cant waste 36+m in cap space every season and expect to get better

Gaudreau isn’t coming to NJ as a UFA. By this time next year, I would seriously hope both Bratt and Hughes take enough steps to make it clear that Gaudreau’s skill set would be redundant. Ideally you’d split those two up on two different lines and I’m not sure committing term and salary to a third version of that player is wise.

I’m too lazy to pull up the stats but I’m pretty damn sure Bratt’s scoring rates this season are on-par or better than Gaudreau’s.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Gaudreau isn’t coming to NJ as a UFA. By this time next year, I would seriously hope both Bratt and Hughes take enough steps to make it clear that Gaudreau’s skill set would be redundant. Ideally you’d split those two up on two different lines and I’m not sure committing term and salary to a third version of that player is wise.

I’m too lazy to pull up the stats but I’m pretty damn sure Bratt’s scoring rates this season are on-par or better than Gaudreau’s.

You can never have too many skilled players. And Gaudreau is much more of a goal scorer than Hughes and Bratt, though obviously he can do it all.

And why wouldn't he sign in NJ? It's close to home and we've got two really solid options at center for him to play with through the rest of his prime, something he's yet to experience in the NHL.

Gaudreau - Hischier - Bratt
Kuokkanen - Hughes - Sharangovich
Johnsson - Zacha - Wood

Boy that first line would be something to watch, and would give some much needed insulation for Hughes.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Sign one or two of Tatar, Saad, Hoffman, Grandlund, Palmieri to a short term deal and save your assets.

They should also look to sign some depth forwards and D to short term deals to insulate the youngsters and have as trade deadline pieces.

Devils need to continue to focus on a longer term plan. They aren't gonna be ready to take a significant step forward by next season.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
They're one of the few teams that can afford to pay UFAs what they want. Why trade valuable assets?

Because NJ fans adamantly refuse going after any UFAs

It's also probably reasonable that no one would come here anyway lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad