Left over UFAs that can improve our team?

Gamble9

Apr 15, 2014
Bowmanville, Ontario
Quote:

Originally Posted by James Reimer View Post

Definitely wouldnt mind Ott if we could get him for cheap

Ott-Komarov-Clarkson would be the best case scenario. We need a high energy line that can leave it all on the ice and drive other teams nuts

I love the look of that line.
My thoughts exactly that could be our 3rd line and Holland ashton and Frattan could make up our 4th line roll 4 lines that would be a fin team to watch

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Ott, Winnick or Legwand if on cheap.

I would much rather see DM explore the trade market.

BozakKadriKessel

May 26, 2010
St.John's Canada
To me I wouldn't mind legwand. But read the leafs offered him a deal already for 4 m. Do not know the term. I would be fine with it for a yr or two but 4 is alot for me still.. Ott would be good to have if cheap. As previously said Muller I thought of him immediately. A guy young can skate and with his injury concerns know he will be a cheap contract. Also, if nothing gets done with franson and they decide to deal franson what abt anton volchekov for the bottom pairing... A good pen killer and shot blocker. I know the guy is really slow but improves the strength of the team be something to look into if cheap

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
I keep wondering if anyone who wants Ott on this team has actually looked up his stats or anything he's done in the last 2-3 seasons.

If you want to tank, then sure, Komarov-Ott-Clarkson would be a fantastic 3rd line to get that done.

Sonofamitch

Aug 2, 2013
Vaughan,ON
I'd want Winnik and Ott for our 4th line

JVR- Bozak- Kessel
Lupul- Kadri- Frattin
Komorov- Holland- Clarkson
Winnik- Ott- Ashton

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site
I've always loved Ott but he's on a big decline and I'd only want him for a real bargain. Winnik would be good for the fourth line and obviously Legwand would be a great third line centre but probably too expensive for that role.

There's definitely still some guys out there who could help us.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Martin Brodeur, David Legwand and Daniel Winnik.

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - ?????
Komarov - Legwand - Clarkson
Winnik - Holland - Frattin
Ashton

Phaneuf - Robidas
Rielly - Polak
Gardiner - Granberg
?????

Bernier
Brodeur​

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
Definitely wouldnt mind Ott if we could get him for cheap

Ott-Komarov-Clarkson would be the best case scenario. We need a high energy line that can leave it all on the ice and drive other teams nuts

Haha! Can you imagine how many PIMs that line would draw (Take a few too). It would almost make me forget how depressed Clarkson's cap hit makes me if he played on that line... The entertainment value alone :handclap:

nogutsnoglory

Oct 6, 2011
They need a veteran center that can play the pk and take faceoffs, another winger that can play up the lineup a other defenceman and a goalie.

Leafs have a reported offer out to Legwand. Under 4 mil for 2-3 years would be decent.

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
No interest in Ott at all. I'd rather go for Legwand. Possibly a cheap deal to either Mueller or Booth.

I like Booth... If you can't find an upgrade at center then sign Booth to friendly contract and save the cap space for the right guy not any guy

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
I keep wondering if anyone who wants Ott on this team has actually looked up his stats or anything he's done in the last 2-3 seasons.

If you want to tank, then sure, Komarov-Ott-Clarkson would be a fantastic 3rd line to get that done.

Yeah but think of how funny it would be to see that line play.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Winnik would be awesome. Some size in our bottom 6, and another great PKer. Again a 3rd line guy, who could occasionally move up to the Kadri line to add some size. Good skater for his size too.

Would give us potentially:
JVR -- Bozak -- Kessel
Lupul -- Kadri -- Frattin
Leivo* -- Komarov -- Clarkson
Winnik -- Holland -- Ashton
* = substitute performing Marlie in.

Not saying thats a surefire playoff lineup, because it might not be, but there is a mix of proven skill, veterans on the bottom 6 and youth.

Also there would be versatility. Frattin, Clarkson, and Winnik could play on the wing in lines 2 through 4.
Komarov can off course move to wing in the bottom 6.
Holland can move up to the 3rd line center spot if he proves more consistent in terms of offence
Winnik could play center on the 4th line, in a situation lets say Holland moves up to line 3 and pushes Komarov to the wing.

PKers:
- Winnik
- Bozak
- JVR
- Komarov
- Frattin (groom for role)
- Ashton (groom for role)
- Holland (groom for role)

So start with a core 4 of: Bozak, JVR, Komarov and Winnik. By grooming Frattin, Ashton and Holland for PK roles, in a perfect world we could then reduce the PK time for JVR and Bozak.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
:leafs

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Stewart
Ashton - Holland - Frattin
Orr

Phaneuf - Polak
Gardiner - Robidas
Rielly - Granberg
Holzer

Bernier
Reimer

I've been advocating attempting to acquire Chris Stewart, a Toronto boy, who had a down year last season but was great the year before. He'd be a solid guy to have on the 2nd line and completes that line, IMO.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
:leafs

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Stewart
Ashton - Holland - Frattin
Orr

Phaneuf - Polak
Gardiner - Robidas
Rielly - Granberg
Holzer

Bernier
Reimer

I've been advocating attempting to acquire Chris Stewart, a Toronto boy, who had a down year last season but was great the year before. He'd be a solid guy to have on the 2nd line and completes that line, IMO.

Good call on Chris Stewart. I totally forgot about him.

WhatASaveDave

Feb 3, 2010
toronto ontario
To me I wouldn't mind legwand. But read the leafs offered him a deal already for 4 m. Do not know the term. I would be fine with it for a yr or two but 4 is alot for me still.. Ott would be good to have if cheap. As previously said Muller I thought of him immediately. A guy young can skate and with his injury concerns know he will be a cheap contract. Also, if nothing gets done with franson and they decide to deal franson what abt anton volchekov for the bottom pairing... A good pen killer and shot blocker. I know the guy is really slow but improves the strength of the team be something to look into if cheap

Source ?

Krypt

Jun 24, 2014
A cheaper under the radar option could be Mike Santorelli. He played pretty well for VAN before he got hurt and has scored 20 goals before. Could play C/Wing and would cost ~1M.
I think Legwand should be avoided. Wouldn't mind Roy on a 1-2 year deal but would prefer Santorelli tbh.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
A cheaper under the radar option could be Mike Santorelli. He played pretty well for VAN before he got hurt and has scored 20 goals before. Could play C/Wing and would cost ~1M.
I think Legwand should be avoided. Wouldn't mind Roy on a 1-2 year deal but would prefer Santorelli tbh.

Santorelli is probably asking for over 2.5M.

You're not getting him for anywhere near 1M.

ktf

May 5, 2006
Victoria, B.C.

Stolen! Seconds before I was coming to write this. I live in Victoria and watch a lot of Canuck games. He was a big part of Vancouver's team before getting hurt. Coming off an injury should help keep him cheap. He turns 29 in December so still a nice age and worse case scenario a 4th line center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad