Left over UFAs that can improve our team?

abdew29

Aug 4, 2011
Toronto
Heres my list in order of preference

-Radim Vrabata
-Steve Ott
-David Legwand
-Devin Setogouchi
-Dustin Penner
-Danny Heatley
-Jay McClement
-Joni Pitkanen

IMO Steve Ott would be an excellent option to play 3C/4C or even Winger on Line 3. Vrabata would be no brainer and would solidify top 6

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Do not want Ott, Heatley, Pitkanen, or Setoguchi (unless super cheap). Winnik isn't on your list. Penner I would take for cheap as well

abdew29

Aug 4, 2011
Toronto
I kind of have the feeling that we need to replace the loss of Kulemin; we need a strong forechecker and PKer. Also we need to replace McClement with someone with a bit more offensive prowess. Ott fits the bill

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
I kind of have the feeling that we need to replace the loss of Kulemin; we need a strong forechecker and PKer. Also we need to replace McClement with someone with a bit more offensive prowess. Ott fits the bill

Ott had 23 points getting lots of minutes on the Sabres and 3rd line minutes with the Blues. He is not an offensive player

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Leave the scrap heap alone. Nothing let worth grabbing unless its another late summer signing for cheap like Raymond last year.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Joni Pitkanen would be a solid buy low candidate.

If he's healthy that is.

Other than that, I'm good with David Legwand. He's a great skater and a very responsible forward. I'm happy going into the season with him C'ing the third line.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
McBain could be a option as RHD PP guy.

Pretty sure Nonis mentioned that Robidas can play on 2nd PP, already have Gardiner, Rielly and Phaneuf so it's not like we need another guy for the PP (though I wouldn't be upset if we signed a forward who can play the point like Abbott does/did for the Marlies)

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Joni Pitkanen would be a solid buy low candidate.

If he's healthy that is.

Other than that, I'm good with David Legwand. He's a great skater and a very responsible forward. I'm happy going into the season with him C'ing the third line.

He would be, But I read something over the week end about how he can't even put a skate on yet.

Gamble9

Apr 15, 2014
Bowmanville, Ontario
Ott on the cheap please the guy is a mega pest and on our 4th line could be a big asset as a pker energy leader but it would have to be cheap and for short term

James Reimer

I Stop Pucks
Oct 25, 2011
Toronto
Definitely wouldnt mind Ott if we could get him for cheap

Ott-Komarov-Clarkson would be the best case scenario. We need a high energy line that can leave it all on the ice and drive other teams nuts

EastVan

Jun 25, 2014
Definitely wouldnt mind Ott if we could get him for cheap

Ott-Komarov-Clarkson would be the best case scenario. We need a high energy line that can leave it all on the ice and drive other teams nuts

I love the look of that line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad