Confirmed with Link: Lefebvre relieved of his duties. Search for a new coach in Laval thread

Who Should Be Laval's Next Coach?

• Total voters

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Bouchard’s Q team knocked out of the playoffs.. is he coming to the Habs or not?

Most insiders of the Q seem to think that he's done with Junior and will join the Habs. The thing no one seems to know is in what capacity.

Tomorrow is the Armada's post-mortem and on Sunday he said that he will give an update on his future during the press conference.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It was a non-event unless you're a rabid Armada fan and you really care about their year-end assessment and what they're looking forward to next year.

Nothing salvageable from this PC if you're looking at it from a Habs perspective.

Jul 6, 2016
Bouchard was very clever to not answer questions regarding his own future. But by the way he talked, expressed himself, It is quite clear that he has the intellectual and hockey savvy to occupy a job at a higher lever, AHL or NHL in a near future. I hope Geoff Molson listened to him, and was able to understand the HUGE difference between a guy like MB and Bouchard.

If Julien was not signed for another 4 long seasons, I would hire Bouchard on the spot to coach the Habs. Hopefully, he's gonna coach the Rocket.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Bouchard was very clever to not answer questions regarding his own future. But by the way he talked, expressed himself, It is quite clear that he has the intellectual and hockey savvy to occupy a job at a higher lever, AHL or NHL in a near future. I hope Geoff Molson listened to him, and was able to understand the HUGE difference between a guy like MB and Bouchard.

If Julien was not signed for another 4 long seasons, I would hire Bouchard on the spot to coach the Habs. Hopefully, he's gonna coach the Rocket.

Money, Money, Money... ..Money! Please bring him to our team Molson! All that cap space this past year... spend it!

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

the replacement for Julien for me is Ducharme. Bouchard will replace Bergevin

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
didn’t want to comment about it because he said it was to talk about the team and not him, but how he was talking, it’s like a guy that his coming with the Habs
I missed the presser so I want to ask you why you feel like he is coming? Reading that he didn't want to discuss his future would lead me to think he doesn't have a deal with the Habs.

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal

He's going to be more valuable coaching the Rockets, as Montreal's poor performances, which imo might not improve greatly this upcoming season unless Bervevin pulls a rabbit out of his hat (or purple suit), will yield a great pool of prospects that will need proper development at the AHL level.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I missed the presser so I want to ask you why you feel like he is coming? Reading that he didn't want to discuss his future would lead me to think he doesn't have a deal with the Habs.

1st: if he would stay, we would denied the rumours !

2nd: when he was talking of TJ Melancon, how he was a good gamble and he is young.. it seem like he signed him

3rd: he did a press during 1 hour and it seem like he was saying is last salute

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Obviously he won't talk about it until an official announcement is made. However, some reports say that the deal is already signed to join Habs.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
1st: if he would stay, we would denied the rumours !

2nd: when he was talking of TJ Melancon, how he was a good gamble and he is young.. it seem like he signed him

3rd: he did a press during 1 hour and it seem like he was saying is last salute
I hope you're right.

psychonaut

Sep 4, 2003
If he was staying he would have said so.
He will bring us some light in these dark times.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I don't know much about Bouchard other than what I've read and seen on Youtube. Seems he's quite stern behind the bench and has a strong win everything personality. This is fine and all, but it doesn't translate well with pros what you can do with juniors. However, he seems incredibly bright and I'm all for a strong, winning personality. Anything is better than the current losing culture we have in Laval, and our AHL teams before that.

One of the best (and by best I mean worst) was the presser a couple years ago in our failed season where MB basically gave Sly a free pass for the pro club stealing all the best players due to injuries. This is a fact, I get it, but a "winner" figures a way to still win.

Granted, crap is crap, but if Bouchard is as good as he seems to be (his Armada record is ridiculous), he can only be a good thing in Laval.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
New assistant coach in Toronto. The day after Bergevin announce he hire Lou Lamoriello to take his place and that he's gonna himself go coach those Rocket guys.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bouchard said repeatedly how he wanted the presser to be about the Armada and how all the rumors swirling about him had unfairly taken the spotlight away from the players who deserved it.

Sure thing, if you're an Armada season ticket holder.

Doesn't mean we can infer anything more from it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad