Confirmed with Link: Lefebvre relieved of his duties. Search for a new coach in Laval thread

Who Should Be Laval's Next Coach?

• Total voters

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Good, don't want a winning environment here

No. We do not. If you try to win and lose, you're a failure. If you don't try to win and you lose, then you are good at what you're doing.

ib1.gif

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I'm curious outside of Kyle Connor what success did he have with Winnipeg's AHL team? I see a bunch of 10-20 points guys and Connor. It's still early he's been there 2 years only but people talk about him like if 5 or 6 guys who played for him in the AHL had success at the NHL level.

Good question. I guess people see a successful organization, see a french-speaking guy and think we need to bring him in. Heck Vincent also missed the playoffs in 2017 with the Moose despite the good team he had.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Good question. I guess people see a successful organization, see a french-speaking guy and think we need to bring him in. Heck Vincent also missed the playoffs in 2017 with the Moose despite the good team he had.

Never liked Vincent personally. The guy was a totally skill less hockey player. Beer league star player quality. As a junior coach his resume ain't much better. Can't really speak about his AHL career since i don't follow the league.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Éric Veilleux got 1 vote in the poll, but he is confirmed as the new Head Coach of the Halifax Mooseheads.

Raphaël Doucet, color commentator of the Laval Rocket, believes that the Laval head coaching job is between Bouchard (+ another position in the organiagion) and André Tourigny.

Bouchard should still join the organization, just his role(s) isn't determined yet. Or at the very least, there have been no leaks and every speculates.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Veilleux was the guy I wanted but now I don't know for Tourigny... not my favorite at all

I asked Doucet if he has any knowledge if Habs have spoken to Tourigny. He said he doesn't know. It was just a hunch he has.

I do remember last year when Lefebvre's contract was up, Louis Jean had said that from what he was hearing, Tourigny was someone they were interested in to replace Lefebvre. We know how that ended up.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Who do you guys like the most, assuming Bouchard will not be coaching in Laval?

dralaf

Aug 9, 2006
Victo
Éric Veilleux got 1 vote in the poll, but he is confirmed as the new Head Coach of the Halifax Mooseheads.

Raphaël Doucet, color commentator of the Laval Rocket, believes that the Laval head coaching job is between Bouchard (+ another position in the organiagion) and André Tourigny.

Bouchard should still join the organization, just his role(s) isn't determined yet. Or at the very least, there have been no leaks and every speculates.
oh! that one last remaining vote seems to be mine… Didn’t realise he was already hired to develop our next 1st round pick!

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Le nouveau coach des Mooseheads de Halifax est aux ADS avec @LangloisMario. Éric Veilleux confirme avoir appelé le CH pour le poste à Laval. «Le Rocket n'avait pas beaucoup d'intérêt pour ma candidature». 20h

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bergevin: Hello!
Veilleux: Oui, Marc?
Bergevin: Yes, t'es qui, toé?
Veilleux: Éric. Jch't'un entraîneur.
Bergevin: Bin kin, toé. Tut cherche un team?
Veilleux: Ouan, dans les mineures.
Bergevin: Justement, j'orgarde pour un head coach avec le Rocket.
Veilleux: C'est pour ça que jch't'appelle ...
Bergevin: T'es tu un d'mes chums?
Veilleux: Jchai pas.
Bergevin: Ton surname?
Veilleux: Bin, c'est "Veilleux".
Bergevin: Sorry, ça m'dis arien.
Veilleux: Éric Veilleux, entraîneur!!!!
Bergevin: Bin c'est ça, t'ira veiller ailleurs.

-clic-

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad