Confirmed with Link: Lefebvre relieved of his duties. Search for a new coach in Laval thread

Who Should Be Laval's Next Coach?

• Total voters

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Bergevin: Hello!
Veilleux: Oui, Marc?
Bergevin: Yes, t'es qui, toé?
Veilleux: Éric. Jch't'un entraîneur.
Bergevin: Bin kin, toé. Tut cherche un team?
Veilleux: Ouan, dans les mineures.
Bergevin: Justement, j'orgarde pour un head coach avec le Rocket.
Veilleux: C'est pour ça que jch't'appelle ...
Bergevin: T'es tu un d'mes chums?
Veilleux: Jchai pas.
Bergevin: Ton surname?
Veilleux: Bin, c'est "Veilleux".
Bergevin: Sorry, ça m'dis arien.
Veilleux: Éric Veilleux, entraîneur!!!!
Bergevin: Bin c'est ça, t'ira veiller ailleurs.

-clic-
Jeeze, man, The Idiot's French is poor but it ain't that bad.

Reactions: ottawa

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Joel I want him in the management, Gilles for coach
I agree with you 100% about Joel. Him and Ducharme pulled off minor miracles two Junior Championships in a row. I really really like the teams they put together and their style of play. Gilles I really know nothing about him.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
For whatever it's worth, Manitoba Moose are down 3-0 in their 2nd Round series against Rockford in the AHL. They play again Friday night.

This would end the season for Pascal Vincent. And as unlikely as it would be that he would join the Habs in any capacity, I would approach the Jets for permission to talk to him, no doubt.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
For whatever it's worth, Manitoba Moose are down 3-0 in their 2nd Round series against Rockford in the AHL. They play again Friday night.

This would end the season for Pascal Vincent. And as unlikely as it would be that he would join the Habs in any capacity, I would approach the Jets for permission to talk to him, no doubt.

I would not. He is not the type of coach we want to bring into the fold. Emphasis solely on developing a defensive game, does not understand or care about offense. We've seen this all before.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Bergevin: Hello!
Veilleux: Oui, Marc?
Bergevin: Yes, t'es who, toé?
Veilleux: Éric. Jch't'un entraîneur.
Bergevin: Bin kin, toé. Tut look for un team?
Veilleux: Ouan, dans les mineures.
Bergevin: Good, j'look pour un head coach for le Rocket.
Veilleux: C'est pour ça que jch't'appelle ...
Bergevin: T'es tu un one of my chums?
Veilleux: Jchai pas.
Bergevin: What's your last name?
Veilleux: Bin, c'est "Veilleux".
Bergevin: Sorry, don't know you. *sound of sniffing cocaine in background*
Veilleux: Éric Veilleux, entraîneur!!!!
Bergevin: *sniff* UGH do you know any girls?

-clic-

Fixed it to be more accurate.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

no way Winnipeg let him go

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I know you're not keen on him coming in. You just don't like his coaching ways as a head coach? IF he accepts to be Julien's D coach, would you still be against it?

Yeah, he would still want the defense to play that reserved, turtle hockey that would really cut the offense down. I'd prefer we get a new age coach in every department so that the dinosaur Julien may have to adjust his approach.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I'd blame Lefebvre for our teams failures but MB is the one who didn't fire him despite him developing nobody and doing nothing for what, 6 years? I wish I could be that incompetent and get salary raises and extensions.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
AHL GM job is nothing. If people want to believe that Bergevin keeps consulting and is not the only guy that takes a decision...imagine a AHL GM. Even the vets on a AHL contract, he will have to consult with Bergevin. So in the end, the most important job Bouchard could have is either Rocket coach. Or Assistant to Bergie. They could add Rocket GM to whatever and it won't make a difference.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
AHL GM job is nothing. If people want to believe that Bergevin keeps consulting and is not the only guy that takes a decision...imagine a AHL GM. Even the vets on a AHL contract, he will have to consult with Bergevin. So in the end, the most important job Bouchard could have is either Rocket coach. Or Assistant to Bergie. They could add Rocket GM to whatever and it won't make a difference.

AHL GM job is not nothing if the team is treating the position properly. Dubas was excellent when he was in charge of the Marlies and added a ton of value to the org. Same with Brisebois in Montreal and Tampa. Or Nill in Detroit. Plus most AHL GMs also have other responsibilities with the parent club too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad