G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
giphy.gif

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Sorry, I will never get this. Okay so Lefebvre has nothing to work with. Fine. So fire the guys that weren't able to get something. But nope...'cause Timmins is awesome and one of the best in the biz says Bergevin. So whose fault it is? Solely the players!!!!! Accountability where are you?

I edited my post above to say this.. Habs have drafted low too many times in the first round in the last couple of years and traded too many early round picks for immediate help at the deadline.. At some point, thats the tag price to have a competitive team that makes the playoffs almost every year..

Last edited:

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Well, this ****s up a pretty good three days of hockey decisions to me.

He won't last long in Laval. The Rocket is too close to home now to look bad.

And the other good news is that if they lose, he'll get heckled to death in French.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Gainey near the end needed to go. Gauthier had some GM skills. What on earth did MB say or do to be chosen. This is crazy that this great franchise is being run by such a friggin idiot.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
-Barely made the playoffs once
-Only one regular that played under him in 5 seasons and that player didn't even spend a whole year in the AHL
- Special teams are a mess

All of this on top of 2 team relocations. How this doesn't scream "fire" beats me.

imo the bad drafting is not the only reason. You would ask a random algorithm to daft and the random algorithm would draft more than one regular NHL player who went thru the AHL in 5 seasons.

There's something else going on. Luck alone should have done batter than that.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
I'll never understand the argument that coaches don't matter. If they did not matter they would not be paid that much money.

How much is paid Sly? Would not be surprised it's over 100 000+ which for AHL is a very good salary. It's better than most people having important job out there.

Coaching doesn't matter much for the likes of Crosby or McJesus. But for others coaching ids very important up to around 23-24 years old. After that there's no much you can do outside of keeping them in line. But before that you can still teach valuable things and they can make the difference between a solid 3rd line NHL player and an AHLer or journeyman.
If we had Don Cherry and Boston Scotty Bowman we might have a lot less Cups today.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I edited my post above to say this.. Habs have drafted low too many times in the first round in the last couple of years and traded too many early round picks for immediate help at the deadline.. At some point, thats the tag price to have a competitive team that makes the playoffs almost every year..

There's tons of teams in the same shape as us or better in terms of annual playoff contention with better prospects, and development, and they've traded picks too.

There's NO excuse for the fact this hockey club hasn't drafted a home run since 2007. TEN YEARS!!!!

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm at the point where if someone defends Lefebvre. They have no idea about hockey and they immediately go on my ignore list.

Not gonna talk hockey with someone that ignorant

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I highly doubt Sly finds anything in north amercia. Nothing point to him being a good coach or even assistant.

I doubt it too. But MB is doing everything he can for Sly. In my fantasy scenario (that I hope is the truth) MB himself doesn't believe in Sly's chances.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Dumpster fire worthy. Pure, unmitigated garbage. Worst coach and no development for YEARS.

so. Angry.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

There's tons of teams in the same shape as us or better in terms of annual playoff contention with better prospects, and development, and they've traded picks too.

There's NO excuse for the fact this hockey club hasn't drafted a home run since 2007. TEN YEARS!!!!

Lehkonen is the first interesting prospect I have seen since Gallagher and Galchenyuk. And he was developped overseas.

Actually I liked McCarron too but he would have needed an expert hand to steer him.

Uwey

Jun 10, 2006
Lunenburg, NS
Literally the only prospects that have panned out even remotely the way the Habs have hoped are the ones that didn't develop in the AHL. Chucky, Gallagher (who played half a year and was inexplicably worse in the AHL than in the NHL during the SAME season) and Lehkonen. That's insane. Scherbak, McCarron, Beaulieu, Andrighetto, DLR, etc. all just spun there wheels.

Bergevin has been GM for 5 years and promised to build through the draft. Well, the pipeline is almost bare and most top prospects are simply spinning their wheels. SOMEONE should be held accountable.

Well said :handclap:

WG

Sep 9, 2008

A home run? At this point I'd settle to see one forward prospect to come through the AHL and displace guys like Mitchell and King and Flynn. Even that apparently is too much to ask.

PAS D'EXCUSES*
*Management and coaches get unlimited excuses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad