Lefebvre Discussion

No fan fiction

Nov 16, 2004
I was hard on Lefebvre even in the first year as I hated how he would play Robert Mayer over Tok when Mayer sucked and Tok was one of their best players. I have no problem being hard on Bouchard, just don't agree yet since it's only 11 games in, they have looked like the best team in at least 9 of those games. If their PP wasn't total **** and they scored a few here and there we would be one of the top teams in the AHL. All that and you have a brand new coaching staff with almost all new players who are either getting used to playing with each other or getting used to a new league. If this team continues to struggle to score then we can talk about the coaching imo.

a) Lefebvre did not have the worst opening 10 games in over 20 yrs & he had an all new system, coaching staff and players who were drafted/acquired by the previous regime.
b) Mayer played 29 games, Tokarski 41 the one year they were together & the numbers aren't that far off, esp save pct.
c) Tokarski spent part of the season in MTL even if he didn't play much
d) Tokarski's career high was 55 games in his 1st yr; his career totals put him in the mid 40s every yr he was even close to #1 status IN THE MINOR LEAGUES
e) There has been absolutely no system depth since Bergevin took over and somehow Trevor Timmins has a job.
f) AHL teams exist to develop players for the NHL not to satisfy fans of career minor leaguers.
g) Lefebvre could point to Hudon, Andrighetto, Pateryn, Beaulieu, DLR, Juulson and others.
h) Lefebvre has a job in hockey. We just post stuff on a blog so other people can make sponsorship money.
i) I will reserve judgment on Bouchard until one of the new players is called up for the first time. That's the only thing that matters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad