Confirmed with Link: Leddy re-signs, 2 Years $2.7M per

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I don't love the contract, but it's an extra 200K more than I thought is so not a big deal. Not even worth.

i feel the same way.

...and honestly, i'm content being a team where everyone seems happy then getting into some standoff with a player we want to have a lengthy relationship with.

SLarmer28*

Nick Leddy's bridge contract - $2.0 million minimum
Nick Leddy's bridge contract - $2.5 million maximum

Home town discounts do not apply for calendar year 2013.

Since the rumor of Ray Emery's departure is imminent, the Chicago Blackhawks will likely dive into the dumpster bin for a veteran backup goaltender for the salary cap savings. Bring back the "Bulin Wall"! ;)

DontToewzMeBro

May 8, 2010
Everyone needs to relax. Leddy was very good for us this year. Before the Subban deal and during our streak people would say 3-3.5 for Leddy or he would get 4mill on the open market.

When your this young and have that skating ability, along with a37 point season, I don't think 2.7 is anywhere near awful.

2.7 is really what most of us thought before the finals and during the hawks success.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
**** son, this is nothing. This board is in a good mood from the recent cup win. This, if you can believe it, is sunshine and roses

I'm already counting down the days until the 'Cup ceremony was too long!' posts after we lose the first game

Nothingman*

Pre PO's people were saying 3-3.5MM per. Post PO's 1.75-2.5MM was the request. I think it was fair and gives us a couple years to see if he continues on developing or is what he is.

brtriad

Jan 18, 2009
The Loop
Well worth the money. I am not sure when it became kosher to hate on Leddy. He's at a fantastic level in his development for his age. You just can't teach the kind of poise he has with the puck.

Steve Larmer

Oct 17, 2008
Nick Leddy's bridge contract - $2.0 million minimum
Nick Leddy's bridge contract - $2.5 million maximum

Home town discounts do not apply for calendar year 2013.

Since the rumor of Ray Emery's departure is imminent, the Chicago Blackhawks will likely dive into the dumpster bin for a veteran backup goaltender for the salary cap savings. Bring back the "Bulin Wall"! ;)

:handclap: well done, even if Khabi doesn't end up signing with us.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
still very happy with this contract as Leddy on the open market hits $4mil per year easy after looking at some of these ridiculous signings. What was once $3mil per year is now $5 mil, better get used to it folks, salaries are going up...

Leddy is going to be a steal putting up over 40 points a year making under $3mil for the next two years, just wish the deal was longer as he is going to get $4-5mil when this deal ends.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad