Confirmed with Link: Leddy re-signs, 2 Years $2.7M per

Hewy

Mar 2, 2011
Toronto
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 4m
I'm told the #Blackhawks are about to announce a new deal for defenseman Nick Leddy, a restricted free agent.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Neil Sheehy just tweeted to expect and announcement with Nick Leddy and the Hawks. I'm expecting a 4-year deal.

RomersWorld*

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 1m
It sounds like Nick Leddy has a new deal with the #blackhawks.

Waiting for something concrete and I'll call it official. Interested in the term.

Hopefully the relatively early signing means good deal. Otherwise I'd hope Stan would wait it out.

Numbers can't come quick enough

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
@ICEHockeyAgent: Nick Leddy loves playing for the Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks. Expect an announcement from the Hawks on Nick's future with Club.

RomersWorld*

Guesses: 2 year, 2.2 mil per
3 year, 2.6 mil per
4 year, 3 mil per

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
@JoshRimerHockey: The Chicago Blackhawks have re-signed Nick Leddy to a 2 year deal confirmed!!

RomersWorld*

Two years? Meh, would've preferred longer but I am high on his potential.

Still a 2 year deal keeps his cap hit lower.

SLarmer28*

My guess is Nick Leddy either received a two year or four year deal. Hopefully, Stan Bowman won't overpay, which was the case with Michael Frolik.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
2 yrs keeps him a RFA but it will be the same summer as Toews and Kane's UFA.

SLarmer28*

What's your point? I said it would be a shame if he made more than Del Zotto, Del Zotto's contract seems an appropriate yardstick.
I was posting the contract values for information only so other posters could see. Nothing more, nothing less.

No need to be so defensive.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
If so, Michael Frolik would still be on the Chicago Blackhawks.

What happened over the course of the past two season has no relevance to what Frolik deserved when he was resigned.

He had scored 20 goals twice, and was coming off a 38-point season when he was resigned. It was believe that he was simply having a down year, goal-scoring wise. Obviously, that wasn't the case, but he still got what he deserved at the time.

If Nick Leddy gets 2.3M, that'll be what he deserves for what he's done to this point. If he goes to **** next year, it won't have any relevance to what he got the summer prior.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad