TSN: LeBrun: TOR interested in bringing back Andersen?

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I say the Leafs are interested if he’s coming in at <$2.5m for multiple years, which doesn’t likely meet Anderseive’s ask or expectations.

I think anything over that and it’s an easy no, but considering his off-season bromance with Matthews they’re probably just paying lip service to keep #34 happy.

Reactions: Lumberg

bodechek

Oct 10, 2017
Why bother bringing back Andersen when there could be better options available? Surely someone will want to trade a goalie for assets instead of losing them to the Kraken.

orbiter11

Sep 11, 2014
One bad half a year playing injured and Anderson is maybe a minimum wage backup, unreal. Im not sure theres one goalie available in the free Market that I would say is better then Anderson. There's a lot of fair weather fans of our players, similar to dismissing Lou, and Babcock for that matter after the legendary work they did turning this organization around, puzzling?

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
One bad half a year playing injured and Anderson is maybe a minimum wage backup, unreal. Im not sure theres one goalie available in the free Market that I would say is better then Anderson. There's a lot of fair weather fans of our players, similar to dismissing Lou, and Babcock for that matter after the legendary work they did turning this organization around, puzzling?
It's not just the half season though, its the fact that he gives up bad goals in elimination games putting more pressure on the team. Campbell did the same this playoffs as well but Andersen had been doing it for 3 straight playoffs. He's given up 11 goals in 3 single elimination games and majority of those goals were purely on bad goaltending . Obviously not everything is his fault, but go look at the highlights from those games down below and tell me none of them were his fault. 1 season can be a fluke, but 3 is a trend. It doesn't matter what you did throughout the season if you're a big reason why you lose in the playoffs.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I'm okay with Andersen as the 2m back up. He cannot play in elimination games anymore unless he is the #2 and we have no choice.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
It's not just the half season though, its the fact that he gives up bad goals in elimination games putting more pressure on the team. Campbell did the same this playoffs as well but Andersen had been doing it for 3 straight playoffs. He's given up 11 goals in 3 single elimination games and majority of those goals were purely on bad goaltending . Obviously not everything is his fault, but go look at the highlights from those games down below and tell me none of them were his fault. 1 season can be a fluke, but 3 is a trend. It doesn't matter what you did throughout the season if you're a big reason why you lose in the playoffs.

It's really depressing to think how far we would have gone had we won the first Boston Series..I honestly want to puke when I watch the highlights of that game. Up 3-2 going into the 3rd and then Fred does his thing and lets in a floater..the rest is history.

He let in soft goals in every single series when we had a high pressure tight situation...every..single..series he did it. The Tom Wilson overtime winner in game 1 or 2 was one of the worst I have seen in the Playoffs..ever.

I think had Jack played well and not let in the softie we might have had more confidence...but alas..we are cursed it seems.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
It's really depressing to think how far we would have gone had we won the first Boston Series..I honestly want to puke when I watch the highlights of that game. Up 3-2 going into the 3rd and then Fred does his thing and lets in a floater..the rest is history.

He let in soft goals in every single series when we had a high pressure tight situation...every..single..series he did it. The Tom Wilson overtime winner in game 1 or 2 was one of the worst I have seen in the Playoffs..ever.

I think had Jack played well and not let in the softie we might have had more confidence...but alas..we are cursed it seems.

Not cursed, just bad management recently.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009

It really is strange just how many soft goals he lets in. For such a good goalie, its crazy to see because you can understand it happening once, but in 3 years in a row? That's a major issue. Campbell had some issues closing out the Montreal series as well, but it was his first season, so I'm not as upset as I would have been if it was Andersen. I wouldn't mind bringing him back at the right price just in case Campbell doesn't pan out but I'm not exactly having sleepless nights because we didn't re-sign him yet.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
It really is strange just how many soft goals he lets in. For such a good goalie, its crazy to see because you can understand it happening once, but in 3 years in a row? That's a major issue. Campbell had some issues closing out the Montreal series as well, but it was his first season, so I'm not as upset as I would have been if it was Andersen. I wouldn't mind bringing him back at the right price just in case Campbell doesn't pan out but I'm not exactly having sleepless nights because we didn't re-sign him yet.

I count it as 4 in a row. 1-washington 2+3-Boston 4-CBJ. He got outplayed by every single goalie when he played in the playoffs. At least Campbell didn't play horrifically in game 7..but that one shitty goal he let in probably made a lot of players saying "Here we go again" on the bench.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad