LeBrun: LeBrun seems to think Kyle Turris has trade deadline value

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
And in other news, Lebrun got a bonus check from Turris's agent for undisclosed services rendered.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
He had 10p in 10g and world's, andas 5p in 7g to begin the year. Maybe last year was just a terrible one and he's gonna turn it around. Who knows? He could have value by February.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I thought that Turris wanted to re-sign in Ottawa but Melnyk cheaped out and told Dorion to trade him. If anything, that move was one of the first dominoes that led to what the Senators have become today

I also wanted Neal for Turris last offseason :(

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Lucic for Turris + ??? since it's an extra year? Turris buyout numbers are a bit more manageable for the next few years too due to the structure.

Keep shuffling the deck chairs and hope you can get the Neal and not Lucic of the deal.

So much about hockey is fit and opportunity. We've seen it with Turris before when he went from Arizona to Ottawa.

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
Lucic for Turris + ??? since it's an extra year? Turris buyout numbers are a bit more manageable for the next few years too due to the structure.

Keep shuffling the deck chairs and hope you can get the Neal and not Lucic of the deal.

The trading a paper clip for a car thing doesn’t work when you start with a piece of dog doody instead

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Lucic for Turris + ??? since it's an extra year? Turris buyout numbers are a bit more manageable for the next few years too due to the structure
What? You are talking about trading one of the worst contracts in the league signed by a player who hardly belongs to the NHL anymore to the contract who, in 2020, is pretty fair-ish in value? What the hell are you smoking?

Reactions: duckpuck

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
What? You are talking about trading one of the worst contracts in the league signed by a player who hardly belongs to the NHL anymore to the contract who, in 2020, is pretty fair-ish in value? What the hell are you smoking?

Turris' contract is not fair value. That's why Lebrun is arguing that he actually thinks Turris has value come the trade deadline. As in, right now it's questionable if he has any right now because of his contract.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Turris' contract is not fair value. That's why Lebrun is arguing that he actually thinks Turris has value come the trade deadline. As in, right now it's questionable if he has any right now because of his contract.
He had a bad year and shows all the signs of bouncing back this year. Turris is still, at his worst, a 40-50 point player, passable 2nd line center. Yes, on a contender with amazing center depth, that contract stings. On a team lacking good centers, like Detroit, that is a pretty fair deal. Even more so if Turris actually reaches 50 points.

Travis Zajac is being paid 5.75 and nobody goes out of their way to call it out as a bad contract. Little hasn't scored 50 in forever and he is being paid 5.3. Turris' contract is a very slight overpayment at worst. It's only made look so bad because 1) Nashville are contenders and every penny counts; 2) with Duchene signed they can only play him as 3C and he is overpaid for that role.

Last edited:

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
He had a bad year and shows all the signs of bouncing back this year. Turris is still, at his worst, a 40-50 point player, passable 2nd line center. Yes, on a contender with amazing center depth, that contract stings. On a team lacking good centers, like Detroit, that is a pretty fair deal. Even more so if Turris actually reaches 50 points.

Travis Zajac is being paid 5.75 and nobody goes out of their way to call it out as a bad contract. Little hasn't scored 50 in forever and he is being paid 5.3. Turris' contract is a very slight overpayment at worst. It's only made look so bad because 1) Nashville are contenders and every penny counts; 2) with Duchene signed they can only play him as 3C and he is overpaid for that role.

Well, Zajac is primarily defensive center, the offensive contribution is just a bonus. But otherwise I agree with your post.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Another goal tonight... he’s playing as a 50 point player from the Preds bottom six

He looks healthy after an injured year

Preds are going for the cup
Turris is wicked depth...add a winger for him to play with at the trade deadline

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
3G 3A in 8GP after tonight’s game. Guy looks good again. It’s amazing what healing from injuries and a dash of confidence can do. Either way he looked good with duchene and granlund. If Nashville can make the salary work (we can if we let smith walk as ufa and maybe trade bonino but I think things could still work out with him), I’d rather keep turris.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Sounds like the OP is some crazy stalker who obsesses over anyone who spurned his favorite team.
He pretty much hates the Coyotes, too, so I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. At least the last part. The first adjective you used might be apt enough, though.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
It’s funny how people say he has negative value but he has 6 points (3g and 3a) in 8 games playing in a bottom 6 role. He would be a great 2nd line center who needs one. I’m glad we have him right now. I hope he continues to play well to prove all these people who say he’s a cap dump wrong. Last year was a injured filled and its showing so far

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
OK last nights game might have put him on top 6 wing. It's early but he's on pace for 30 goals and 60 pts. Currently playing LW with some C duty putting Duchene out on wing for faceoff matchups.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
TDL value with what 4 more years on his deal...is Nashville retaining near max retention and or adding a pick/prospect?

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I thought Turris was Nashville's best forward in last night's game. Hope he keeps it up this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad