LeBrun: LeBrun seems to think Kyle Turris has trade deadline value

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Kyle Turris, Nashville Predators

It’s just never been a great fit since Turris ended up with the Predators and now he finds himself in a bottom-six role on the team although he’s got two goals and two assists in six games. No question the team tried to move him during this past offseason but found no takers. The fact he’s in the second season of a six-year, $36-million deal is the reason why. I still think the 30-year-old forward has something to offer but the Predators would have to eat some of that contract to move him in my opinion. I wonder about Pittsburgh as a potential fit but again, the contract would be an issue for the cap-challenged Penguins. I think it’s a long shot that he moves in-season. This is probably revisited in the offseason and in the meantime, there’s time for Turris to reclaim his value within the club. Which is what I think Turris would prefer as his ultimate end game. His family is happy in Nashville and I think he wants it to work despite his current role on the team.”

LeBrun: A look ahead to the trade deadline to see who may be in play and which teams may be interested

LeBrun: A look ahead to the trade deadline to see who may be...

Last edited:

Mr. Met

Nov 8, 2017
Sounds like Nashville's cancer has metastasized.

Guess their treatment of getting rid of Subban wasn't enough

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Seriously, who the hell is Aaron Wood and why should I care about him?

With contracts becoming what they are today I can see how Turris, even at 6 mil per year, can become tradable. You would have to pay something like that to get someone like him in the open market as well nowadays. When Hayes gets 7+ per year Turris at 6 seems reasonable, especially for some young team lacking centers.

Reactions: NNCbama

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
He's a pariah because he weaseled his way out of Phoenix when the team desperately needed him just like Wheeler did. I'm glad everyone wants to trade him, he's not a very good player, and he thinks he's so entitled.

Reactions: Khelandros

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
He's a pariah because he weaseled out of Phoenix when the team desperately needed him just like Wheeler did. I'm glad everyone wants to trade him, he's not a very good player, and he thinks he's so entitled.
Not gonna get on a guy for forcing his way out of a bad situation. Nor will I do it when a player becomes a UFA via the rules of the CBA. Run a better organization and maybe players won’t wanna bail.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
He isn't a rental because he has 4 more season after this one at 6 million cap hit so only teams who value him past this season will value him at trade deadline and I can't name any such teams.

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Hockey people are ****ing nuts man. Turris asks out of a pathetic organization like the Coyotes and he becomes a pariah for it.

People are still mad at Blake Wheeler, so... hockey people are the worst. "BuT We DrAfTeD tHis GuY!!!! hE sHoUlD sTaY hErE aS lOnG aS wE wAnT!!!!" But we see this kind of shit every time a player opens his mouth.

Wild fans: we need to retool, we should trade Coyle
Coyle: it'd be nice to win the Cup, can't lie... if possible, I'd be glad to join the Bruins
Wild fans: f***ing BOO man!! This no good selfish piece of shit doesn't want to play here??? THEN LEAVE! 5th round pick for this locker room cancer is an overpayment!!!!! WE DON'T NEED GUYS LIKE CHARLIE OVER HERE
Kevs: sigh fellas

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Because He does have trade value.

How many forwards on Nashville produce over 65 pts a season in their twenty years of history? It’s like a few if that.

Sometimes guys don’t fit certain places and blow up in others.

I met Kyle when he played for the Burnaby Express, interviewed him as I broadcasted for Williams lake then in I want to say January 2006 and that night he scored a Hattrick, two goals short handed.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Because He does have trade value.

How many forwards on Nashville produce over 65 pts a season in their twenty years of history? It’s like a few if that.

Sometimes guys don’t fit certain places and blow up in others.

I met Kyle when he played for the Burnaby Express, interviewed him as I broadcasted for Williams lake then in I want to say January 2006 and that night he scored a Hattrick, two goals short handed.

Turris hasn’t ever done that before so I’m not sure you’re making the point you thought you were

cobra427

May 6, 2012
What did he do when he left Ottawa that “tells you what kind of person he is”?

Hockey people are ****ing nuts man. Turris asks out of a pathetic organization like the Coyotes and he becomes a pariah for it.
Turris wanted out of AZ because Tip refused to gift him top minutes until he was ready. Turris felt entitled, and after his holdd out he refused to play hard and was pouting because he was getting limited minutes to start. They got rid of him, got Vermette in the deal which helped them to their only WCF appearance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad