LeBrun: LeBrun seems to think Kyle Turris has trade deadline value

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
May be for starters do not give players big contracts if they are believed to be not good in the locker room or "entitled"

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Sounds like Nashville's cancer has metastasized.

Guess their treatment of getting rid of Subban wasn't enough

Lol, nah.

I imagine Tolvanen/Tomasino would have to go with Turris in order to make a trade work.

Certainly not

For those who don't know, Turris broke his foot twice and was playing with broken ribs last season. He looks better and his play and the stat sheet reflect that.
I doubt we move him at the deadline, if at all, since we're going for a cup run and we need depth, and we certainly aren't trading picks and top prospects to get rid of him. He's not Lucic.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I can't see Turris as a "trade deadline" type of deal. Maybe the Preds will move him at some point if there is a "hockey deal" that address any of their needs. Maybe not. I think as long as he's playing well that Poile will have a tendency to hold onto him. Anyway, a team would have to truly view him as their 2nd line C and worth the full $6M he's being paid if they wanted to acquire him. Maybe there are few or no teams ready to do that. And if that's the case, I'm pretty sure he won't get traded. And we'll be back to the same thread next year.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Lol, nah.

Certainly not

For those who don't know, Turris broke his foot twice and was playing with broken ribs last season. He looks better and his play and the stat sheet reflect that.
I doubt we move him at the deadline, if at all, since we're going for a cup run and we need depth, and we certainly aren't trading picks and top prospects to get rid of him. He's not Lucic.
Foot broke twice? Same foot? Is it prone to re-breaking?

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Preds fans defended Turris last off season telling he had a down year due to injuries. Idk who I was trying to convince more, the others or myself, but so far it seems like we were right.

I'm pretty sure we hold onto him to have more depth rather than deal him in-season, you know, because we can. Offseason is another story. Turris himself might want to get a bigger role and we probably don't want to play $6M to a 3rd line center long term.

I thought Turris was Nashville's best forward in last night's game. Hope he keeps it up this year.
For the two periods I saw, I agree.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Turris might need a change. I believe CLB could be a good landing place. They have the cap space, different conference and rebuilding.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out

Didn't refuse to listen to Tippet. He didn't fit in his system style. It happens all the time.

"The way he left Arizona and Ottawa tells you what kind of person he is."
Get bent. You are going to have a hard time finding a Sens fan that has hard feelings toward Kyle. He did a lot in the Ottawa community and we know the reasons why he left and we don't blame him.

"His current role on the Predators tells you how he’s not willing to work STILL TO THIS DAY to get better."
Coaching staff and management have never said a bad word about his work ethic or his performance.

"Avoid Turris like the plague. He’s a cancer."
If this clown wasnt a FORMER writer in Arizona I might listen to him, but he is a biased sack of garbage.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I dont hate Turris's game. I think if they retained on him they could get a 4th or something
Lol, sure maybe we toss in forsberg as well. We could probably retain on them both for a shiny fourth round pick.

Turris is looking very good, did you see the goal he got last game against the panthers? Unreal!
He just had one bad injury plagued season, and his stats suffered because of it. It was major injury issues. He is not garbage and we are not unloading him for garbage. I would consider a first for turris, but we would prefer a hockey trade if a trade happens as we are competing. He is doing just fine in his top six winger/centre position and I think he is more valuable to us than what would be offered.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Lol, sure maybe we toss in forsberg as well. We could probably retain on them both for a shiny fourth round pick.

Turris is looking very good, did you see the goal he got last game against the panthers? Unreal!
He just had one bad injury plagued season, and his stats suffered because of it. It was major injury issues. He is not garbage and we are not unloading him for garbage. I would consider a first for turris, but we would prefer a hockey trade if a trade happens as we are competing. He is doing just fine in his top six winger/centre position and I think he is more valuable to us than what would be offered.
No one will ever give you a first for him. So good luck with that. I dont think hes garbage but hes struggled and is on a huge contract for a middle sixer at 30

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
No one will ever give you a first for him. So good luck with that. I dont think hes garbage but hes struggled and is on a huge contract for a middle sixer at 30
With his list of injuries from last season anyone is going to struggle under those conditions. He keeps up his current play for the season and he won't be that hard to move if we need to. It's starting to look like his problems were strictly due to injuries, not because his game fell off a cliff.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
With his list of injuries from last season anyone is going to struggle under those conditions. He keeps up his current play for the season and he won't be that hard to move if we need to. It's starting to look like his problems were strictly due to injuries, not because his game fell off a cliff.
This, exactly.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
And.... I don't think anybody who watched him really ever doubted this. The stats don't look good. But if you watched him, there was no "falling off a cliff" effect visible in his play.

That said, it doesn't necessarily mean he's not a trade candidate. The Preds have a TON of money invested in C's right now. If they don't need to spend $6M on another one, ok, maybe that makes sense cap-wise and from a roster-building perspective. Especially in the longer term. But he's a good player either way. I frequently promote trading him. But not as any kind of negative value asset whatsoever. People have to get over that.

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
OP, this comes off bizarrely personal and bitter. He's been pretty good for Nashville so far this year, and he was hurt last year. Although Poile was probably testing the trade waters this off-season, if he keeps this play up, I bet Nashville will hold on to him.

Don't really get the "cancer" part of this odd stance.

Reactions: NNCbama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->