Lebrun: If Crosby wins another Stanley Cup, he will then become better than Toews

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Clarification on the context of the tweet would be needed to be able to respond properly. I will say, though, that this is exactly why the "Chicago Dynasty" threads were ridiculous. If the Penguins win the cup this year, you'd have two dynasties in less than a decade under those dumbed down standards.

Like in the 80s.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
I'm public enemy no.1 Crosby haters on this board over the better part of the past 7 years.

This is so funny it's laughable.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I don't understand what the hell this is even meant to imply.

There are some players who are known for doing everything it takes to win rather than individual skill and production. Think of the difference in perception between Marcel Dionne and Steve Yzerman.

In the context of the discussion they were having, it makes perfect sense. Why people are treating LeBrun like Eklund here instead of the best insider this side of Bobby Mac, I don't know.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
You know what?

Fine.

Let's give Sid his third Cup/second Smythe so we can finally drill it into the collective hockey consciousness that Crosby is better than Toews.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
You know what?

Fine.

Let's give Sid his third Cup/second Smythe so we can finally drill it into the collective hockey consciousness that Crosby is better than Toews.

It's finally getting back to it. Finally correcting the overcorrection of defensive play from a forward.

Toews is an overpaid 60 point player. A great leader, but that doesn't change the fact the hockey intelligentsia is finally getting their comeuppance.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
There are some players who are known for doing everything it takes to win rather than individual skill and production. Think of the difference in perception between Marcel Dionne and Steve Yzerman.

In the context of the discussion they were having, it makes perfect sense. Why people are treating LeBrun like Eklund here instead of the best insider this side of Bobby Mac, I don't know.

Marcel Dionne should have traded for better players, but he didn't care enough about winning.

Mashed Potatoes

Feb 14, 2015
What? Better than Toews? So he is worse than Toews at winning right now? His cups are worth more than Toew's?

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
sid is almost better than two toews...like i would take a toews and a toews over a sid on my team, but its pretty close

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Toews isn't even better than Ovi who has 0 cups. lol. He's not top ten at his OWN position, Centre.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
The Toews that has been knocked out in the first round 2 years in a row? Pens team has not had a first round exit under Crosby and Malkin. 4 Cup finals and more playoff and regular season wins than any team since they have been on the team. Don't even have to talk about the Art Ross and Hart trophies that both Malkin and Crosby have won.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The Toews that has been knocked out in the first round 2 years in a row? Pens team has not had a first round exit under Crosby and Malkin. 4 Cup finals and more playoff and regular season wins than any team since they have been on the team. Don't even have to talk about the Art Ross and Hart trophies that both Malkin and Crosby have won.

Uh. 2007. 2012. 2014.

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
Sub Crosby in for Toews... and the Blackhawks certainly still win those cups.

Sub Toews in for Crosby... I'm not so sure the Penguins win both cups.

Not to take anything from Toews... he's a hell of a player and he had a huge huge role in those cup wins.

There is no chance in the world that they win it in 2009 without Crosby or Malkin. Both had legendary runs that year.

Last year they might have won without one of them, and quite frankly maybe without them both if they got decent replacements.

deepelemblues

May 25, 2016
Pittsburgh
Sub Crosby in for Toews... and the Blackhawks certainly still win those cups.

Sub Toews in for Crosby... I'm not so sure the Penguins win both cups.

Not to take anything from Toews... he's a hell of a player and he had a huge huge role in those cup wins.

Sub crosby in for toews and the blackhawks would probably be in the finals this year going for like their 7th cup

And if they weren't they'd still have like 6 cups anyway

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Sub crosby in for toews and the blackhawks would probably be in the finals this year going for like their 7th cup

And if they weren't they'd still have like 6 cups anyway

'The Blackhawks would be more successful with Crosby instead of Toews' has roughly as much evidentiary basis as 'Toews could score 100 points if he didn't concentrate so much on defense'.

Argue what we know, based on actual events that have taken place on the material plane. There's more than enough evidence there for anybody with a functioning brain to reach the same Crosby > Toews conclusion without wandering into hypothetical thought experiment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2