Lebrun: If Crosby wins another Stanley Cup, he will then become better than Toews

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
I dont like Crosby.

But, if he never won a Cup, he would still be vastly superior to Toews on his individual accomplishments alone.

Its not even remotely close.

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
I dont like Crosby.

But, if he never won a Cup, he would still be vastly superior to Toews on his individual accomplishments alone.

Its not even remotely close.
Exactly, even if Crosby had zero cups and for some reason retired right this moment, he would still be a better player.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Toews is a great player but easily the most overrated player of this age...

face it, the hockey media's priorities and judgement has always been suspect at best... The NHL and those who cover it have mostly pushed what they want to be true over the facts... its why they resist change, have consistant nepotism hires, and berate certian players while elevating othersfor the same things...

The basic fact is all the overhyping of Toews has already gotten a great player unfairly mocked...

Toews is a hof player, but has never ever been among the greatest of all time... Crosby is a top 10 all time player and maybe finishes in the top 5 of all time...

bigkam

Jun 13, 2009
Toews is a great player, and any fan would love to see him on the ice for their team. But to judge a player based solely on cups, especially when there's not that big of a disparity, seems pretty stupid. Crosby is now in his 4th final, and you couple that with his other accomplishments along the way, and it's not even close.

MoeManthaMustache

Aug 21, 2007
Sub Crosby in for Toews... and the Blackhawks certainly still win those cups.

Sub Toews in for Crosby... I'm not so sure the Penguins win both cups.

Not to take anything from Toews... he's a hell of a player and he had a huge huge role in those cup wins.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Criticize TSN for wording it as clickbait. Lebrun was saying from a purely "winner" perspective, another Cup would elevate Crosby above Toews. Not in terms of individual accomplishment.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
Criticize TSN for wording it as clickbait. Lebrun was saying from a purely "winner" perspective, another Cup would elevate Crosby above Toews. Not in terms of individual accomplishment.

Still, if your entire analysis involves nothing more than being able to count to 3, maybe it's just lazy and not worth anything and better off being left alone.:laugh:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
So...adding another team accomplishment...will make a player better than another player...forgetting the fact the first player has an astonishing number of individual awards.

Got it.

Meanie

Apr 21, 2017
He might finally dethrone Toews as the most overrated player, because some will call Crosby a Top-5 player of all time (while Toews was just called a Top-100 player of all-time).

That's the only way this claim makes sense.

:yo: He's done very little in this post season. He's not the hype many think he is, especially Pens fans.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Clarification on the context of the tweet would be needed to be able to respond properly. I will say, though, that this is exactly why the "Chicago Dynasty" threads were ridiculous. If the Penguins win the cup this year, you'd have two dynasties in less than a decade under those dumbed down standards.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Clarification on the context of the tweet would be needed to be able to respond properly. I will say, though, that this is exactly why the "Chicago Dynasty" threads were ridiculous. If the Penguins win the cup this year, you'd have two dynasties in less than a decade under those dumbed down standards.

Why is that a bad thing? In the 1980s, there were two dynasties right after one another (Islanders and Oilers).

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but you make it sound like that cheapens the word "dynasty" if two teams are given that title within a short time span of one another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad