Speculation: [LeBrun]: "Couture's gonna sign a big extension, they're gonna announce it July 1st"

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
well, at least for SJ these big contracts are gonna suck all at the same time.
They'll be long out of contention by the time these contracts hurt them, so it won't matter.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Wouldn't shock me if Pavelski walks IMO
Well that might not be the worst idea instead of giving him another high priced contract. Stats are starting to decline for him and he'll be 34 next month. I think they are much better off signing Couture long-term rather than giving Pavelski a 3 or 4 year deal.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
Kane's contract doesn't really prevent the Sharks from doing anything.

Um, the Anaheim deals have worked out pretty well for them.
Kesler (soon to be 34) is old and injured and a shadow of his former self with four more years to go.
Sniper Corey Perry (33) can't even score 20 anymore but still has 3 years left on his $8,625,000/year contract.
This is working out pretty well?

Reactions: Red

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Kesler (soon to be 34) is old and injured and a shadow of his former self with four more years to go.
Sniper Corey Perry (33) can't even score 20 anymore but still has 3 years left on his $8,625,000/year contract.
This is working out pretty well?

Kesler had a good season the first year and this year was an injury plagued season. I wouldn't put it past him to rebound and be a solid player going forward. It's still too early to call that deal good or bad. Corey Perry has completed five years of his eight year deal. Three of them were 30+ goal scoring years and this is the first year out of those five where he was legitimately not living up to his deal. He wasn't as productive the previous year goal scoring wise but still put up a good amount of points and playing the style that helps his team win games a lot. Just because there are down years in a long deal doesn't mean it hasn't worked out for them. I noticed that you didn't bring up Getzlaf who has been almost a point-per-game throughout his contract thus far.

Reactions: The Ugly Truth

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
well, at least for SJ these big contracts are gonna suck all at the same time.
They'll be long out of contention by the time these contracts hurt them, so it won't matter.
Sharks don’t really have anyone that will drop off in the short term (5 years) except Pavelski and Thornton...

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Who is the better center couture or Hertl? Couture is better offensively in terms of production but I see shark Dan's valuing hertl very highly due to his possession game and ability to control the play. If couture gets 8-9 million is hertl right to ask for 6.5-7 mill?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Thornton signs a cheap contract with the Sharks on July 1st. But I think Logan Couture gets somewhere in the $8-10 Million dollar range for eight seasons.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Who is the better center couture or Hertl? Couture is better offensively in terms of production but I see shark Dan's valuing hertl very highly due to his possession game and ability to control the play. If couture gets 8-9 million is hertl right to ask for 6.5-7 mill?

Hertl is the better center right now but no he wouldn't be right to ask 6.5-7 mil. Couture is a UFA and Hertl is an RFA. With his production, he should fall around the 5-5.5 mil range.

Reactions: hamzarocks

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
You're just bitter that Kopitar is worth his contract now. ;)
Yet to be proven. If the Kings don't get busy contending again, the Kopitar contract just wasted time. :)

Kopitar has been up and down for four years. Let's see if he can string together two good seasons in a row.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad