LeBrun: Lebrun: CGY wants Duclair as part of return for Hanifin. Looking at other offers too

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
doubt there’s an obvious trade here unles Hanifin is willing to sign long term at a discount. If so offer Duclair Samoskevich and our second

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Oddly specific to name Duclair

Calgary wants him because of the Huberdeau connection, they are desperate to get him going no matter what. That contract is going to be a disaster if he repeats this year again.

I can see a the second rounder added to Duclair but that's about it. He's the major piece.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
The wildcard here is that if Hanifin makes it clear he is only willing to extend in Florida, that limits what Calgary can get in return.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Conroy will only accept Duclair for Hanifin as long as Bobrovsky's contract is included. What a bizarre thread title.

Reactions: Morrison

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Duclair as an addition would be okay, can't imagine him as the centrepiece for this trade though.

I would hope Conroy goes another direction personally.

Reactions: BHD

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Lot of fans ready to turn on Conroy asap. Tbf I’ll be there too if he is the centrepiece, but ppl need to calm down until the Ts are crossed

As much as I hate the Flames, I like Conroy. He starts off in such a shitty position with that team.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
The wildcard here is that if Hanifin makes it clear he is only willing to extend in Florida, that limits what Calgary can get in return.

Duclair + 2nd is a weak rental price.

If extension is on the table that price is way more

Justicebork

Jul 13, 2022
ESPN told its American audience last night that Calgary is in love with Conroy's energy and the internet today sure supports that claim!:rolleyes:

Reactions: Morrison

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
I really don't see a problem with taking Duclair , No re-signing offer until he proves he's going to be something to go forward with . If not send him down and eat the 2m in remaining cap after that , it's still a pretty decent net cap savings , any add to the deal is gravy and it could be a great deal if he gets his game going with Huby .
All these Meffers that publicly announced they want out have diminished their value on the market so it's a take what you can get and in the case of Dmen we can afford to lose a few of them , hopefully the find a way to wheel Tanev while they are at it .

Duclair as the main piece for Hanifin?

Omg. This is terrible.
He like Toffoli has handcuffed the team by not keeping it private until the team can find a way to get value for him by switching him into a deal that starts out being for someone we actual want to keep .

Reactions: Laus723

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Calgary wants him because of the Huberdeau connection, they are desperate to get him going no matter what. That contract is going to be a disaster if he repeats this year again.

I can see a the second rounder added to Duclair but that's about it. He's the major piece.
No. Aimless bloggers looking for clicks make dubious connections to support their thesis that that one team or the other will make a trade due to those connections. They then over value their home team player and propose a deal that they deem as fair value.

Huberdeau is a pro and will develop chemistry will other players.

If Calgary wants Duclair it is because of 1) the speed he brings and 2) the liklihood that he could be signed for term at under $5M.

They will not overpay though with a one for one deal. Other teams will offer more. Philly perhaps? Buffalo perhaps? Detroit? Chicago?

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Duclair for Hanifin and pick sounds about right

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Duclair as an addition would be okay, can't imagine him as the centrepiece for this trade though.

I would hope Conroy goes another direction personally.

That is why I have a hard time believing this. I know Lebrun is reporting it, but still...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad