LeBrun: Lebrun: CGY wants Duclair as part of return for Hanifin. Looking at other offers too

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Calgary

FF57FxEUYAE1vpV.jpg

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The Flames should not trade with Zito. Woof. I know this speculation means other parts…maybe the Flames get something exciting back like Samoskevich too or at least Nause?

But overall - I’d be damn leery about this.

Bond

May 10, 2012
That tweet got the clicks he wanted lol. I read it as Zito has tabled a lowball offer surrounding Duclair. Lundell is the only attractive piece on the Panthers as a centrepiece for Hanifin and that’s not happening

Reactions: Morrison

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
So, the Flames are talking to Florida and have a package on the table, but are insisting on Duclair as a throw in or side piece or something?

And... they have other offers on the table.

What a confusing ass way to mention the situation. LOL.

Lol, i doubt that's the deal breaker.

TBH, with the pieces that Florida has to trade that are in the Hanifin echelon... I wouldn't be surprised that Duclair not being part of a bigger package is a deal breaker because the Flames have other teams who are interested. I interpreted the tweet as Duclair not being part of the primary pieces in a deal, but a deal breaker add on piece in terms of value that the Flames are looking for?

The age and skill profile matches, reasonable cap hit for what we are hoping for and decent value.

Lot of fans ready to turn on Conroy asap. Tbf I’ll be there too if he is the centrepiece, but ppl need to calm down until the Ts are crossed

Not I. After a bit of confusion yesterday, I'm going to let Conroy do his thing. If he is an absolute failure, the silver lining is that he has gone and forced CSEC's hand in allowing for a rebuild. I'm OK letting him do his thing even if it's confusing as hell. This as long as he doesn't add any weird long term contracts. Short term ones, fine.

One thing I think we will have to "endure" after analyzing yesterday's deal, Conroy will get pretty close to the value he's supposed to get for the players he's selling. But we might have to deal with the fact that 20-30% of that value will be in smaller assets or cap savings etc. that help to add up to and/or exceed the baseline amount we want for the players.

Like, other players that we hope for a late first, I assume we'll be getting an approximate value of that but a "disappointing" package of high second and piles of 3rd-7th rounders and rights and small cap savings, younger age and other weird things like that.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Holy over reaction people.

The wording of that clearly means he would be a side piece. Probably instead of a prospect

Reactions: Morrison

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010

Kind of Zito to throw out a lowball offer but it looks like Calgary has other options. But still, that he's even thinking Duclair as the centerpiece suggests other GM's know Calgary has their back against the wall and aren't offering a whole lot.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Duclair for Hanifin straight up. Calgary gets 2 million in cap savings and cap space being at premium that's worth 2nd/3rd. Maybe add a late pick or a C prospect.
Lol Duclair is worth a third. I know Panthers favs are cocky after the Tkachuk trade but get real

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00