TSN: LeBrun: Alexander Edler on the Trade Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Ugh the last 3 hours have been bad for my blood pressure.

First Schneider now Edler. I am questioning MGs judgement right now.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Please no. We have no one close to being able to replace him in our top-4. You can't just drop a 50 point dman tied for the team lead in playoff goals over the past two years in the playoffs and think we could replace him with Tanev and not lose a step.

King of the ES*

Ugh the last 3 hours have been bad for my blood pressure.

First Schneider now Edler. I am questioning MGs judgement right now.

Why? OMG, the core!

Seriously, I don't know why there aren't many, many more trades in the NHL.

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011
You've got to listen. But for me it would take a huge return to actually pull the rug out from under him, both because if his immense upside and the NTC.

TTOMO

Aug 30, 2011
Port Moody, BC
This is kind of like that episode of the Simpsons where Mr. Burns gives Homer money for his bowling team when he's hallucinating and then Homer tells his co-workers that if they want anything from Burnsy, now's the time to ask.

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
I've been campaigning for a Schneider and Edler move for a long time. Schneider has higher trade value and Edler is our most tradeable asset on D. He has some question marks with his back and his value is really high now. It opens up space for Corrado to play this year. Having Tanev on a bridge contract and Corrado on an ELC would be huge for the Canucks going forward. We would have to hope that Ballard can excel under Torts though, but I would be fine with a D unit that looked like this:

Bieksa-Hamhuis
Garrison-Corrado
Ballard-Tanev
Alberts or other

It would get us help where we need it more...up front.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I'd rather add something and get the 3rd from Tampa.

I'd love to somehow get in the top 4 for Mac/Douin/Jones/Barkov but the price would probably be Edler + another significant asset.

Even Carolina may want Edler + something like Schroeder or a 3rd for the #5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad