News Article: Lebreton

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
If "revenues are stagnant" how is the "salary cap rising"?

ottawa is supposed to be spending to the Cap next season. Don’t know if Justin Beiber will honour that but it was true when I wrote it.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
If they act like normal billionaires they will try and get every level of government to pay for as much as they can.

The mayor did say he would put in money to help the build, so expect some type of government payment

Calgary cancelled an entire arena build over a $6 million dispute: Calgary flames have face planted so hard on their arena negotiations they’ll probably have to make their new arena the “Nenshi Center”
I don’t recall Watson ever saying that, do you have a link by chance.
Beiber doesn’t have enough money to buy the team.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I don’t recall Watson ever saying that, do you have a link by chance.
Beiber doesn’t have enough money to buy the team.

Who knows what Beiber has money wise, but he personally makes an average of $1 million per arena concert so if he toured for another 2 years and did 500 shows he’d have $1 billion based on his current valuation of $500 million. Anyways, Beibs could get the money together. If Jay Z bought part of the era and Jeter owned Part of the baseball franchise and MJ owns a franchise, I do t think Beibs is that for off.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Who knows what Beiber has money wise, but he personally makes an average of $1 million per arena concert so if he toured for another 2 years and did 500 shows he’d have $1 billion based on his current valuation of $500 million. Anyways, Beibs could get the money together. If Jay Z bought part of the era and Jeter owned Part of the baseball franchise and MJ owns a franchise, I do t think Beibs is that for off.

Maybe he ask his good friend Floyd to partnership with him

Reactions: Tuna99

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Holy crap, you expect him to play 250 concerts a year??? that's insane. The most shows any of his concert tours have done is 162 (according to Wikipedia), there's no way he's playing 250 shows a year, where would he find the time to dress like an idiot and TP and egg his neighbour's house while drunk?

Reactions: bert

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Holy crap, you expect him to play 250 concerts a year??? that's insane. The most shows any of his concert tours have done is 162 (according to Wikipedia), there's no way he's playing 250 shows a year, where would he find the time to dress like an idiot and TP and egg his neighbour's house while drunk?

Tell that to Jon Bon Jovi, he could rock 250 concerts dates without breaking a sweat.

Ed Sheehan did 250 dates and generated $1 billion in revenue. So Beibs might only need to do 250 more concert dates and he could buy the Sens

Rumours are a Sens sell out generates $2 million in revenue with lower ticket prices then an A list concert. So you gotta figure Beibs would easily take in $1 million per concert even in a smaller market like Ottawa

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
IMO, a Sens bid would require partners. After the first go around, I’m not sure that there would have been much uptake.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Tell that to Jon Bon Jovi, he could rock 250 concerts dates without breaking a sweat.

Ed Sheehan did 250 dates and generated $1 billion in revenue. So Beibs might only need to do 250 more concert dates and he could buy the Sens

Rumours are a Sens sell out generates $2 million in revenue with lower ticket prices then an A list concert. So you gotta figure Beibs would easily take in $1 million per concert even in a smaller market like Ottawa
But Bon Jovi's dance routines have been pretty meh in his later years.

Reactions: Tuna99

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
ottawa is supposed to be spending to the Cap next season. Don’t know if Justin Beiber will honour that but it was true when I wrote it.

I wish people would stop bringing up FYOUS.

The pandemic happened which knee-capped revenues and the man who promised FYOUS has passed away.

Making fun of it was fine, but now? Let it go. Let us look forward.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

He has a net worth of $285 million according to internet, 1 million per show, then remove the costs of putting show on.

Thanks for the link, says is open to it, if good for taxpayers of the city, not sure if new mayor is open to it as well, as Watson is done soon.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Leafs regular season is 2 million, ours is about 750k, 1-2 million in playoffs the further you go. Assuming sell out.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
He has a net worth of $285 million according to internet, 1 million per show, then remove the costs of putting show on.

Who knows - but I think he’s closer to being able to afford the team then not but who knows for real. And Melnyck bought the team with about 25% of the value in debt so there’s lots of ways to finance this.

I’m not advocating for Beiber but I also think he could afford it if he wanted to. Building ‘Justin Beiber Arena” is an entirely other thing which I doubt he’s got the stomach for

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa

Thanks for the link, says is open to it, if good for taxpayers of the city, not sure if new mayor is open to it as well, as Watson is done soon.
$285 million - his net income for one year. I would say he is close to $400 million a year net, everyone is hiding income from taxes. JB does not need to do any shows or tours, his revenue comes mostly from streaming platforms, music sale platforms, radio top 40. Every time the song is played he receives a royalty. He does not even do private shows and his price tag is huge. It could be 10 million. Because his managers never book them. Plus infomercials, appearances. The guy is loaded with money. If he is losing 50 million a year on Sens, he would not even notice it.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
$285 million - his net income for one year. I would say he is close to $400 million a year net, everyone is hiding income from taxes. JB does not need to do any shows or tours, his revenue comes mostly from streaming platforms, music sale platforms, radio top 40. Every time the song is played he receives a royalty. He does not even do private shows and his price tag is huge. It could be 10 million. Because his managers never book them. Plus infomercials, appearances. The guy is loaded with money. If he is losing 50 million a year on Sens, he would not even notice it.
285 million net worth, for one year close to 400 lmao, not in the top 20 of Rock stars, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are 500 million for context, after 60 years together.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

LOL, that's maybe the funniest thing I've ever read on here.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
LOL, that's maybe the funniest thing I've ever read on here.

You must of missed the entire conversation about QC City and the 5 games and Shawn Simpson saying it would be a cheque for $10 million to Ottawa and that was calculated on 5 sellouts at $2 million each - information Simpson got from a contact the team.

you’re just a hater

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

And of course there are no expenses. These are the same fans who post on the economics of the team lolol

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
You must of missed the entire conversation about QC City and the 5 games and Shawn Simpson saying it would be a cheque for $10 million to Ottawa and that was calculated on 5 sellouts at $2 million each - information Simpson got from a contact the team.

you’re just a hater
Totally not a special circumstance and definitely something we should extrapolate into a full season for a team that has never generated more than $50M of gate revenue in a single year and will suddenly be generating $2M x 41 games = $82M of gate revenue. Smart!

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
180000 (this would be the fans in the building to see the hockey game) x$100 (this would be the average cost to go to an NHL game and enjoy the experience) = $1 800 000.

Are you actually stupid enough to argue with basic math?
Any evidence that Ottawa has ever put 18000 into an arena at an average price of 100 bucks? Ever? Once?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Any evidence that Ottawa has ever put 18000 into an arena at an average price of 100 bucks? Ever? Once?

ticket $70
Parking - $15
Beer -$15

That’s $100. We are talking revenues not profit.

You buy a hotdog and beer at the game and that’s $25. You park it’s $15. You buy a T-shirt it’s $30. A slice of pizza is $8. 50/50 draw. Advertising. Promotion.

This is honestly grade 2 math you are arguing over here. Get a pen, write down how much it would cost you to buy a ticket, park, buy a beer and a hot dog and give me that number. This is how you calculate revenues. Now multiply that by 18 500 and you be close to $2 million.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
ticket $70
Parking - $15
Beer -$15

That’s $100. We are talking revenues not profit.

You buy a hotdog and beer at the game and that’s $25. You park it’s $15. You buy a T-shirt it’s $30. A slice of pizza is $8. 50/50 draw. Advertising. Promotion.

This is honestly grade 2 math you are arguing over here. Get a pen, write down how much it would cost you to buy a ticket, park, buy a beer and a hot dog and give me that number. This is how you calculate revenues. Now multiply that by 18 500 and you be close to $2 million.

the problem is the assumptions not the math. Not every person who goes to a game drives in alone, so $15 parking has to be split across all the people in the car, and can't be included for those that bus in. Of the ones that do drive, some will opt not to drink. Teams estimate about an extra 10-15% on average above the ticket price on concessions.

It also looks like you're using canadian prices, where as when looking at buying a team and the networth required, typically people talk in USD.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
the problem is the assumptions not the math. Not every person who goes to a game drives in alone, so $15 parking has to be split across all the people in the car, and can't be included for those that bus in. Of the ones that do drive, some will opt not to drink. Teams estimate about an extra 10-15% on average above the ticket price on concessions.

It also looks like you're using canadian prices, where as when looking at buying a team and the networth required, typically people talk in USD.

back to my original point - a sellout at the Sens game generate about $2 million in revenue. people can do their own calculations but it adds up if you can do basic addition and multiplication.

some tickets cost $150, some people buy 6 beers, some people buy 3 hot dogs and nachos and a hat, some spend $40 on 50/50 tickets and some people take the bus and buy a Coca-Cola seat for $25 and don’t buy anything - but it all comes back if the team sells out it generates about $2 million in revenue on average.

why is this so hard for anyone to reason with?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad