LeBreton: Will you go?

How many games will you go to on the Flats compared to CTC?

• Total voters

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
If they keep ticket prices the same, taking the O-Train instead of driving would make it much more practical and would cost about the same for a two-person outing (4 train tickets vs parking), so yes.

But I imagine there will be a major ticket price hike.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Yes. I live downtown and work downtown, and I don't see myself leaving any time soon. I would buy season tickets as soon as they were available. The team needs a more mature fanbase that shows up after work and gets a buzz on and has a good time, instead of the elementary school recess atmosphere they cultivate right now.
S05H.gif

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Yes. I live downtown and work downtown, and I don't see myself leaving any time soon. I would buy season tickets as soon as they were available. The team needs a more mature fanbase that shows up after work and gets a buzz on and has a good time, instead of the elementary school recess atmosphere they cultivate right now.

I agree it would be nice if things were maybe slightly less family oriented but it's hardly a deal breaker for me.

Is this a serious concern for people around here? I couldn't care less about the crowd/atmosphere unless it was a playoff game. I never have had the opportunity to go to a playoff game myself but reports are that the CTC is a great place in the playoffs.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I agree it would be nice if things were maybe slightly less family oriented but it's hardly a deal breaker for me.

Is this a serious concern for people around here? I couldn't care less about the crowd/atmosphere unless it was a playoff game. I never have had the opportunity to go to a playoff game myself but reports are that the CTC is a great place in the playoffs.
CTC in the playoffs is more of a mature crowd. You take the kids to see Carolina in February, but you go with the buddies to take in the event for a playoff game. People are more inclined to have a few drinks as well and let loose. Children also irritate me so there's that as well haha.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It would be easy enough to cater to both groups. You can still have a lot of family-oriented games on the weekend afternoons, while catering to the mature crowd during the week and Friday nights.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Of course I will go, but I may be one of the few who enjoys driving to the games and into valet, I am not to keen on the LRT shipping us in and out like cattle. Sometimes, driving in nice weather can be an event.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
It is going to cost a lot more. Not sure how that will play out. Curious to see what the effect was in Edmonton with the move to their new arena.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Assuming we have new ownership, then I'll walk over to the games on a regular basis.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
It’s really sad to see how much Melnyk has damaged his relationship with the fans. Ottawa has been dreaming of a downtown rink for years and now we’re actually getting close and many in here say they’d go to more games on condition of new ownership. The rink won’t be enough by itself.

Tragic.

The "fans" who "want their way" in terms of who the Owner is, and how he should spend his money (over and above what the team brings in HRR) is a small minority of "fans" that will not impact attendance at an Arena located in Lebreton Flats.

These "fans" will whine and complain about the new owner, if there is one, in less than a week after he or she take over, and does not do what they expect them to do,

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Its not just us Sens fansthat will go ,this project will really open up the underated downtown core....To dozens of tourists ,out of town fans etc etc....This project is what will help transform Ottawa into a destination....Lots of money to be made with this deal

And this is why I don't think Melnyk will sell the franchise, and hand over the RLGs rights to redevelop Lebreton Flats.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
The "fans" who "want their way" in terms of who the Owner is, and how he should spend his money (over and above what the team brings in HRR) is a small minority of "fans" that will not impact attendance at an Arena located in Lebreton Flats.

These "fans" will whine and complain about the new owner, if there is one, in less than a week after he or she take over, and does not do what they expect them to do,
Lebreton will not be built with this owner as part of the project, but let's keep an eye on attendance this season to see if your hero has any impact on ticket sales, ok?

If you think the honeymoon period for the new ownership group is less than a week for the saviours who deliver this fanbase from Melnyk you are even more delusional than I thought possible.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011

You dedication truly is amazing Eugene

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Thanks Eugene for dropping by, hope your Canada Day was parsimonious as always.

Anyway, I'll definitely get to more games as it's closer to my work and home. It'll likely be single-game tickets though as I've cancelled seasons until Melnyk is no longer seen/heard.

Reactions: topshelf15

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
And this is why I don't think Melnyk will sell the franchise, and hand over the RLGs rights to redevelop Lebreton Flats.

Ok so when does Lebreton happens? Because I'm tired to see my favorite team being so freaking poor and even dispose assets in trades to save money. It's very expensive to run a NHL franchise nowadays and Ottawa under the current owner doesn't seem to be able to properly do it. Melnyk can't let this situation drag out for years. Either he sells, or either he invests

Statu quo should not be envisaged. There's several young enough quality pieces on the team already (Karlsson, Stone, Duchene, Dzingel, Pageau, White, Boedker?, Chabot, Ceci) and several quality prospects coming in the next few years. It's time to invest in the team and prepare them for contention. If not, all this years of drafting and development would have been wasted. Murray must not be very happy to see this from where he is. He positioned the team well enough to become a consistent contender but Melnyk with his finances and Dorion with his poor moves have been destroying what he built.

I'd rather see my favorite team get relocated than see this situation drag out for a while. But that would be me being selfish so emphatically, I have to feel for people in Ottawa and can't hope for this to happen.

Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Lebreton will not be built with this owner as part of the project, but let's keep an eye on attendance this season to see if your hero has any impact on ticket sales, ok?

If you think the honeymoon period for the new ownership group is less than a week for the saviours who deliver this fanbase from Melnyk you are even more delusional than I thought possible.

Oh how short of a memory some people have.

EM was hailed as the saviour, when he took over the ownership from Rod Bryden, who had to file for bankruptcy protection.

I'll give you a week to start taking your daily dump on ownership, if EM sells the team to a new owner, and he/she does not do what you expect of them.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Oh how short of a memory some people have.

EM was hailed as the saviour, when he took over the ownership from Rod Bryden, who had to file for bankruptcy protection.

I'll give you a week to start taking your daily dump on ownership, if EM sells the team to a new owner, and he/she does not do what you expect of them.

What is even the point of bringing this up? People don't forget this. It's just that, believe it or not, after doing something good initially......... things can...... change

33F56205CA342EF35370B38CAF0B9D2AB148DF25

And yes....... if people have disagreements with a new ownership group....... they will voice them. Are we just supposed to shut up and accept everything? Regardless, whoever buys the team eventually will be 1000x better than Melnyk, even if not perfect

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

And yes....... if people have disagreements with a new ownership group....... they will voice them. Are we just supposed to shut up and accept everything? Regardless, whoever buys the team eventually will be 1000x better than Melnyk, even if not perfect

Hummmm, that's what some "fans" said about Eugene Melnyk..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad