LeBreton: Will you go?

How many games will you go to on the Flats compared to CTC?

• Total voters

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Historically I have always tried to
See about a game per month, this year I was waaaay under that. The atmosphere has become so dull and repetitive.

I live in Kanata but would travel to Lebreton for a better experienxe. My hope is that they will offer some sort of 10 game weekend package.

Reactions: bert

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Depends on what park & ride options will be at Orleans (or Gloucester). But yes, definitely would go to more games in a new arena.

dougie952

Jul 17, 2010
Ottawa
More. It will be easier to get to from aylmer. I miss the days when I lived in almonte. End of game to my door in twenty minutes. But like others have said, im not spending a dime until melnyk is gone.

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Depends. Live in Kanata now so it’s easy to get to games but once I finish my degree I’m hoping to live around there. Might get season tickets if I’m not poor and Melnyk stops ruining the team.

lancepitlick

Nov 20, 2016
Could just stay downtown after work then roll up so far more likely. Hopefully the train/bus situation is good. Hell I could bike to games in warmer weather even.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Yes. I live downtown and work downtown, and I don't see myself leaving any time soon. I would buy season tickets as soon as they were available. The team needs a more mature fanbase that shows up after work and gets a buzz on and has a good time, instead of the elementary school recess atmosphere they cultivate right now.

Reactions: DrunkUncleDenis

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Way more. I'd honestly be tempted to split season tickets with a buddy once they are downtown.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
It’s really sad to see how much Melnyk has damaged his relationship with the fans. Ottawa has been dreaming of a downtown rink for years and now we’re actually getting close and many in here say they’d go to more games on condition of new ownership. The rink won’t be enough by itself.

Tragic.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Betax

Jun 25, 2018
More for sure as it will be close enough to home to go in a more spontaneous manner. But honestly the price of tickets will still keep my number of games low. I can't imagine that a new rink will be any cheaper, and a pair of cheap tickets already sucks up a couple of weeks of discretionary spending. Maybe once the novelty of the new rink wears off it will be possible to get some good deals on stub hub and we'll pop over to see some of the less in-demand games.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
I'll be going less as it's pretty much in my backyard right now. But I will still catch a few games a year.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
If Melnyk is still here MAYBE in the playoffs, so basically never due to being a team that is destined to scrape the salary cap floor.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I'd go to more and I live in Nova Scotia. Travelling to Ottawa means staying downtown to me. But having to bus 20 minutes outside the city to see the game sucks.

If I can stay downtown and see games downtown, I'll come to Ottawa more.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
I will be living within walking distance of the LRT once Phase 2 is done, so it will be convenient for me and avoiding the parking lot logjam at the CTC is super appealing.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
Assuming Melnyk is gone, absolutely. I live in Gatineau and Lebreton would make it sooo much more convenient for me to take public transit to and I can enjoy a few pops and not have to worry about driving back home.

Reactions: BuckyDornster

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Its not just us Sens fansthat will go ,this project will really open up the underated downtown core....To dozens of tourists ,out of town fans etc etc....This project is what will help transform Ottawa into a destination....Lots of money to be made with this deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad