LeBreton: Will you go?

How many games will you go to on the Flats compared to CTC?

• Total voters

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
I kinda agree that a new owner isn't always going to be as great as you may think. I brought this up before but look at the Florida marlins: jeffrey loria (who is far worse than melnyk) sold the club to jeter and company, the fanbase looked rejuvenated to finally have gotten rid of the old cancer and ushering in a new era. Sadly, the new ownership really stripped the organization to the barest of bones, lots of fans felt betrayed. They're still happy Loria isn't there (seriously, they don't come much scummier than him) but can't say they envisioned things going this way after the sale

As far Melnyk being hailed a hero, give it a rest. He was hero once and has consistently dropped the ball since then. He doesn't get a free pass for all the crap he's pulled since then. Oh and while we're on the topic, one of the same fans also saved his life, so while he may think the fans owe him something, he actually owes the fans alot more. (and cyrill leeder who was unceremoniously booted)

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Oh how short of a memory some people have.

EM was hailed as the saviour, when he took over the ownership from Rod Bryden, who had to file for bankruptcy protection.

I'll give you a week to start taking your daily dump on ownership, if EM sells the team to a new owner, and he/she does not do what you expect of them.
Hey look Count has built another strawman.

Eugene is the only owner I have ever complained about and as Melnyk is the worst owner in the NHL, I'm betting the odds are good the next one will be significantly better. (Of course, that won't be very hard)

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I really want to find out more about the Leeder vs Melnyk fallout

Getting details about that could shed some welcome light on the inner "workings" of management

Too bad they settled :/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->